Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Pinned Introduce Yourself

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Re:Re: Re:Re: Re:Re: Introduce Yourself

BirdBrain wrote:

1azarus wrote:

Rasty wrote:

BirdBrain wrote:

OzJacko wrote:

Rasty wrote:

OzJacko wrote:

Tuckahoe wrote:

OzJacko wrote:

Sorry MM.
      Sharing my time with a round the world chat on FBook following the Pats game.

GO COLTS!!!

GO PATS!!!!

What are you guys talking about?

If I know here in Oz you can't play that dumb Rasty... ;)

He is not playing. :whistle:

I take pride in having negative knowledge of sports.

I know so little my wife answers sports trivia questions and my father in law played catch with her. not me. and i'm still waiting for a softball team to give me my turn at bat. kindred loser spirits, we are.

I am the opposite. My 1st dates with my wife were pick up softball games, one on one basketball, bowling, fishing, or chess. We went to a couple of fairs and out to dinner a few times too.

I like to play sports but can't watch any sports for more then a couple of minutes.
      Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.
      Dr. Seuss Cof123
    • Re:Re: Re:Re: Introduce Yourself

Trillium wrote:

BirdBrain wrote:

I am the opposite. My 1st dates with my wife were pick up softball games, one on one basketball, bowling, fishing, or chess. We went to a couple of fairs and out to dinner a few times too.

Your wife sounds like a real fun lady!

I love to play. She is the one with all the trophies.
      Non hikers are about a psi shy of a legal ball.
    • Introduce Yourself

OzJacko wrote:

DakotaJoe wrote:

Hi, Im Dakota Joe Don'tcha Know gif.010 but don't hold that against me :woohoo:

Welcome. gif.004
      We have all types here so you should fit in fine.
      Only rule is be nice to others.
      If you can't be nice, ignore.

I left my mean pants in prison, nothing but smiles now gif.016
      "You might not get everything you want out of life, but you will get exactly what you need!"-Dakota Joe 2006
    • Introduce Yourself

Hi Everyone I'm jimmyjam. I didn't see this thread yesterday when I started posting. It's nice to be here with all the other WB "outcasts". I've been an outdoors person my whole life. I was first introduced to the AT as a college freshman and hiked bits and pieces in SW VA around VT. Last year I started section hiking the AT in earnest and logged around 400 miles last year. I can probably only do short hikes this year, but in 2015 I will return to long sections and hope to finish the trail then. I also hike out west in Bryce, Grand Canyon, and Cedar Mesa.
      "Dazed and Confused"
      Recycle, re-use, re-purpose
      Plant a tree
      Take a kid hiking
      Make a difference
    • Re:Re: Introduce Yourself

jimmyjam wrote:

Hi Everyone I'm jimmyjam. I didn't see this thread yesterday when I started posting. It's nice to be here with all the other WB "outcasts". I've been an outdoors person my whole life. I was first introduced to the AT as a college freshman and hiked bits and pieces in SW VA around VT. Last year I started section hiking the AT in earnest and logged around 400 miles last year. I can probably only do short hikes this year, but in 2015 I will return to long sections and hope to finish the trail then. I also hike out west in Bryce, Grand Canyon, and Cedar Mesa.

Welcome. How does one become a WB outcast?
      Dr. Seuss Cof123

Rasty wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

I think by saying what is on your mind. I didn't get kicked off, but I noticed a couple of my posts just "disappeared". And they weren't mean or anything, they were in the humor forum and poking fun at some.
      "Dazed and Confused"
      Recycle, re-use, re-purpose
      Plant a tree
      Take a kid hiking
      Make a difference

jimmyjam wrote:

Rasty wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

I think by saying what is on your mind. I didn't get kicked off, but I noticed a couple of my posts just "disappeared". And they weren't mean or anything, they were in the humor forum and poking fun at some.

Oh man! I must have been doing it all wrong! I never had a post deleted till I got over here! :silly:

jimmyjam wrote:

Rasty wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

I usually just get PM's with "If you keep pushing it your going to disappear for a while"
      Dr. Seuss Cof123

Rasty wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

Rasty wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

I usually just get PM's with "If you keep pushing it your going to disappear for a while"

Are you serious? 'aaaaamn, that's harsh.

rocksNsocks wrote:

Rasty wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

Rasty wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

I could not resist giving it one more push! gif.001
      Dr. Seuss Cof123

Rasty wrote:

rocksNsocks wrote:

Rasty wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

Rasty wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

Oh your done, I'm gonna report you over here over there. :lol:

rocksNsocks wrote:

Rasty wrote:

rocksNsocks wrote:

Rasty wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

Rasty wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

Send Gator a PM for me asking if they will let me back in soon!
      Dr. Seuss Cof123

Rasty wrote:

rocksNsocks wrote:

Rasty wrote:

rocksNsocks wrote:

Rasty wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

Rasty wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

I will if you want, I swear I will, not sure he'd even open though, not exactly one of his favorite people right now. I kinda dogged him when I was sending PM's and E-mails behind his back...I fessed up and said I wouldn't do anymore...and I won't. I just figured it was best to put it right out there in the open, and HB said somethin about not having any control over the minions, I took that as a green light, and posted that link to the "Other helpful hiking sites" thread...that's when the Debacle happened. But he'd didn't like bitch me out or nothin, I gotta say, he has been very cordial and even tempered when we spoke, that's why I don't get all the stories...just wasn't like that for me....maybe he gave up on me and wrote it off to me being brain dead...He'd reprimand me, and ten min. later I'd be breakin another rule i didn't know existed...all my problems there were Ah La Carte, hehehe

rocksNsocks wrote:

Rasty wrote:

rocksNsocks wrote:

Rasty wrote:

rocksNsocks wrote:

Rasty wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

Rasty wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

I will if you want, I swear I will, not sure he'd even open though, not exactly one of his favorite people right now. I kinda dogged him when I was sending PM's and E-mails behind his back...I fessed up and said I wouldn't do anymore...and I won't. I just figured it was best to put it right out there in the open, and HB said somethin about not having any control over the minions, I took that as a green light, and posted that link to the "Other helpful hiking sites" thread...that's when the Debacle happened. But he'd didn't like bitch me out or nothin, I gotta say, he has been very cordial and even tempered when we spoke, that's why I don't get all the stories...just wasn't like that for me....maybe he gave up on me and wrote it off to me being brain dead...He'd reprimand me, and ten min. later I'd be breakin another rule i didn't know existed...all my problems there were Ah La Carte, hehehe

I was just kidding. I don't want to go back.
      Dr. Seuss Cof123
    • Introduce Yourself

jimmyjam wrote:

Welcome JimmyJam! Glad to have you with us.
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General

Rasty wrote:

rocksNsocks wrote:

Rasty wrote:

rocksNsocks wrote:

Rasty wrote:

rocksNsocks wrote:

Rasty wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

Rasty wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

I didn't think so, maybe one day things i'll change and we'll all live in harmony, and to quote "Pedalin Fool" Kum Ba Freakin Ya...I cleaned it up a bit. ;)

Rasty wrote:

rocksNsocks wrote:

Rasty wrote:

rocksNsocks wrote:

Rasty wrote:

rocksNsocks wrote:

Rasty wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

Rasty wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

I didn't think so, maybe one day things i'll change and we'll all live in harmony, and to quote "Pedalin Fool" Kum Ba Freakin Ya...I cleaned it up a bit. ;)

I didn't think so. Maybe one day things will change, they always do, and we'll all live in harmony...and to quote "Pedaling Fool" Kum ba freakin ya I cleaned it up a bit. ;)
    • Introduce Yourself

WiseOldOwl wrote:

rocksNsocks wrote:

I'm rocksNsocks...village idiot

Well no you are not the "village idiot" - but as a teen I was given those damn Stanford Binet tests and the god awful Rorscach Test

So imagine my surprise when this song came out....with pest control involved... watch for the owl at the end.....
      That's very cool Woo, good song too, I could watch that once a day....what's even mean?
      [Rhetorical question]

PS I think you have Owl on the brain, could be worse though...better than. 46.gif fer brains, I crossed my eye's and watched it a second time...even better....squint a little. :pinch:

PSS we use to make these in Art Class, along with a full dialog of what we saw...teacher thought we were all nuts, she was right....it was the late 70's anything goes.

Rasty wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

Rasty wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

you cannot imagine how many of those I have received... and ignored... I used to dump them in the WB spam folder... :woohoo: .
      Be wise enough to walk away from the nonsense around you! :thumbup:

jimmyjam wrote:

Rasty wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

I had many posts disappear. Then the closing of the Cafe' over Wiener jokes was the last straw. I'm sorry, we are adults, But I guess the children that run the other place need to be the boss. Then someone posted a thread liking our current Administration to the WB administration and I jumped on that band wagon, knowing I'd get a time out. Sure enough.....red paint....and a PM....."Coach Lou, you know better. 1 week moderated".....1 week later I get another PM.....'I week up, moderation lifted.....Happy Thanksgiving!"..........You must be F-in' kidding me!!!! Fine....no more donations............this is America, that is the only thing I can do. Money talks, their Bullshit walks. Any more communist crap from them....my gallery is emptied. I already know how to boil water anyway, and I'll carry powdered Gatorade and leave the pickle juice at home.
      Cheesecake> Ramen :thumbsup:

Hadn't thought about deleting pics.
      Inclined not to as it is still a great source of info for newbies and I am not that far past being one.
      I don't go there anymore.
      The strict moderation of a humour thread just totally pissed me off.
      Resident Australian, proving being a grumpy old man is not just an American trait.