Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Pinned Introduce Yourself

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Introduce Yourself

Hikermom wrote:

BirdBrain wrote:

Mountain-Mike wrote:

Storm wrote:

HM, I always liked the avatar of you running. Whenever I see your name that photo comes to mind.

I just love HM for all she does to help hikers out & her upbeat personality. She has a big heart & but a thin skin. Love her for what she is & wish more people were like her! I don't care what avatar she posts.

Well said. However, she did not post this one. She allowed someone else to pick. Then came Homer. Dangerous stuff letting big blue meanies pick. :woohoo:

Yes, obviously I'm not cool with it at all. When Hikerboy messed with my name, That took things to a whole new level. I'll try to be as NICE as I can about this but I have lost all respect for Hikerboy, Rasty and Trainwreck as the ones running this site. I will request one more time that my name be deleted from this site. I don't trust them at all. If they are comfortable with changing my name WITHOUT my permission than who is to say that they wouldn't log on as me .... you get my drift. I'm happy to be the one that exposed the true nature of these people so other's eyes will be opened. "Thanks for the kind words spoken about me in the thread. I love you all very much! I'll do anything I can to help you all out. I consider you dear friends.

HikerMom, you are a wonderful person but you are TOTALLY misreading this situation. How do you know it wasn't TW that temporarily changed your name just to tease you? Both Milkman and Rocksnsocks have had their names changed several times, milkman approx 5-6 times. It just meant whoever did it felt comfortable teasing you.
    • Introduce Yourself

Hikermom wrote:

BirdBrain wrote:

Mountain-Mike wrote:

Storm wrote:

HM, I always liked the avatar of you running. Whenever I see your name that photo comes to mind.

I just love HM for all she does to help hikers out & her upbeat personality. She has a big heart & but a thin skin. Love her for what she is & wish more people were like her! I don't care what avatar she posts.

Well said. However, she did not post this one. She allowed someone else to pick. Then came Homer. Dangerous stuff letting big blue meanies pick. :woohoo:

Yes, obviously I'm not cool with it at all. When Hikerboy messed with my name, That took things to a whole new level. I'll try to be as NICE as I can about this but I have lost all respect for Hikerboy, Rasty and Trainwreck as the ones running this site. I will request one more time that my name be deleted from this site. I don't trust them at all. If they are comfortable with changing my name WITHOUT my permission than who is to say that they wouldn't log on as me .... you get my drift. I'm happy to be the one that exposed the true nature of these people so other's eyes will be opened. "Thanks for the kind words spoken about me in the thread. I love you all very much! I'll do anything I can to help you all out. I consider you dear friends.

Hikermom. You can delete your account by following these instructions. You asked for one of us untrustworthy scoundrels to pick an avatar for you for which I accomodated your request.

Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.
      Dr. Seuss Cof123
    • Introduce Yourself

I'm Traffic Jam cuz I hike so slow everyone piles up behind me. I live in the south but I'm not really a southern girl... Air Force brat had me living all over. I've been hiking 4 years, mostly in the Smokeys and everything I know was figured out on my own. Thanks for all the help and advice. My next big goal is to overnight by myself and start hiking the BMT.
      Lost in the right direction.
    • Re:Re: Re:Introduce Yourself

Rasty wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

hikerboy wrote:

We promise not to mess with your name

sent from a samsung galaxy far far away

As long as it's not Toe Jam :)

I'm not sensitive.

I will resist the temptation

I'm really really sensitive. But then again, what can be done to me? It's not like you can call me a BirdBrain or something. I am a little ticklish too.
      Non hikers are about a psi shy of a legal ball.
    • Introduce Yourself

Trillium wrote:

Hikermom wrote:

BirdBrain wrote:

Mountain-Mike wrote:

Storm wrote:

HikerMom, you are a wonderful person but you are TOTALLY misreading this situation. How do you know it wasn't TW that temporarily changed your name just to tease you? Both Milkman and Rocksnsocks have had their names changed several times, milkman approx 5-6 times. It just meant whoever did it felt comfortable teasing you.

I knew this would not go well. I knew she was not okay with the teasing. Oh well. I love HM. I am one of her biggest fans. I love HB, Rasty, and TW too (listed alphabetically so as not to offend). :whistle:
    • Introduce Yourself

Hikermom wrote:

BirdBrain wrote:

Mountain-Mike wrote:

Storm wrote:

Oh crap! HM, it was ME that changed your name, and I was just teasing you! It's been kind of a running game here, picking on some of the poho regulars and messing temporarily with their names. RocksNSocks and Milkman have been taking a beating from me lately! Even Rasty got a dose a while back. I've only done it with the people I knew well enough who would recognize the game. I totally forgot you have been absent from this board until just recently and might not recognize what's been going on. It was more of a "welcome back" gesture on my part than anything else. I promptly changed your name back after a few minutes. Very sorry to have offended you and it was totally unintentional on my part. I solemnly promise I will never mess with your name or anything else associated with your account again. 2.gif
    • Introduce Yourself

Okay... serious introduction: I am BirdBrain. I will let your imagination decide why I am called that. Of course you could read a few of my posts and remove all doubt. I am a Mainer with deep roots. Most of my pedigree for 9 generations on all branches are Mainers. I have OCD. I enjoy, puzzles, chess, sports, photography, genealogy, bird watching, collecting mugs, and anything that has to do with the outdoors. I grew up hunting, fishing, and trapping. I started digging clams at 9 years old. I started work at BIW 6 weeks after I turned 18 and am still there. I excepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior on 11/18/1981. I earned my AS from MMA at 50. I have a wife of 27.5 years, 1 daughter, 2 sons, and 2 grandsons. I have walked in the woods as long as I can remember. My first serious walk was last year when I walked across Maine. I am now hooked. The problem is coming up with enough time to hike and sail each summer.
    • Re:Re: Introduce Yourself

LoboSolo wrote:

TrainWreck wrote:

Rasty wrote:

LoboSolo wrote:

she's too sensitive for just about any internet forum. maybe there's a Betty Crocker cookie forum gif.014

There is. I'm a regular.

How many times has Betty banned you?
      never. i don't like friggin' cookies

Good. Don't frig with my cookies then.

LoboSolo wrote:

TrainWreck wrote:

Rasty wrote:

LoboSolo wrote:

she's too sensitive for just about any internet forum. maybe there's a Betty Crocker cookie forum gif.014

There is. I'm a regular.

Okay... confession time. I cannot remember the last time I ate a cookie and I eat 2 pieces of pie per year (both on turkey day). I just like teasing the ladies about treats that I never really expect. I expect no freebies on the trail except the trail itself.

BirdBrain wrote:

BirdBrain wrote:

If I know anything about HM, she does not like this either and is being a good sport.

I knew this was going to happen. 2.gif

I didn't. Lesson learned!
      I apologized to her here and also on FB. I really had no idea things would go downhill like that. But, she' not been on the site much lately and hasn't seen the game in action.
      Henceforth I will not tease HM in any way, shape, or form :ohmy:

LoboSolo wrote:

TrainWreck wrote:

Rasty wrote:

LoboSolo wrote:

There is. I'm a regular.

I'll bet if Anheuser-Busch made 'em you'd eat 'em.
      Changes Daily→ ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫ ♪♫♪♫♪♫ ← Don't blame me. It's That Lonesome Guitar.

BirdBrain wrote:

LoboSolo wrote:

TrainWreck wrote:

Rasty wrote:

LoboSolo wrote:

There is. I'm a regular.

Okay... confession time. I cannot remember the last time I ate a cookie and I eat 2 pieces of pie per year (both on turkey day). I just like teasing the ladies about treats that I never really expect. I expect no freebies on the trail except the trail itself.

Don't expect anything from Farmer Chef. He left me an empty cooler at the end of a long, hot hike to Crawford Notch. Of course, those entitled thru hikers, section hikers, and day hikers might have had something to do with it :lol:

TrainWreck wrote:

BirdBrain wrote:

BirdBrain wrote:

If I know anything about HM, she does not like this either and is being a good sport.

I knew this was going to happen. 2.gif

I didn't. Lesson learned!
      I apologized to her here and also on FB. I really had no idea things would go downhill like that. But, she' not been on the site much lately and hasn't seen the game in action.
      Henceforth I will not tease HM in any way, shape, or form :ohmy:

I am safe from such teasing. What are you going to do, call me a BirdBrain? :whistle:

milkman wrote:

LoboSolo wrote:

TrainWreck wrote:

Rasty wrote:

LoboSolo wrote:

There is. I'm a regular.

beer. cookies. apples. oranges. 2 different things
    • Re:Re: Re:Re: Introduce Yourself

TrainWreck wrote:

Rasty wrote:

LoboSolo wrote:

There is. I'm a regular.

It's the Animal Cracker dude you have to worry about
      Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.
      Dr. Seuss Cof123

LoboSolo wrote:

milkman wrote:

LoboSolo wrote:

TrainWreck wrote:

Rasty wrote:

LoboSolo wrote:

There is. I'm a regular.

beer. cookies. apples. oranges. 2 different things

Isn't that four different things?
      Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.
    • Introduce Yourself

TrafficJam wrote:

I'm Traffic Jam cuz I hike so slow everyone piles up behind me. I live in the south but I'm not really a southern girl... Air Force brat had me living all over. I've been hiking 4 years, mostly in the Smokeys and everything I know was figured out on my own. Thanks for all the help and advice. My next big goal is to overnight by myself and start hiking the BMT.

Go for your first overnight solo ... it is so empowering! I did my first one in September and it was awesome! I only slept with my knife & pepper spray in my hand the first night ;) The key for me was to hike hard so I was exhausted at night :) I saw my first rattlesnake too.
      “Alone had always felt like an actual place to me, as if it weren't a state of being, but rather a room where I could retreat to be who I really was.”
      ― Cheryl Strayed
    • Introduce Yourself

moose717 wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

Go for your first overnight solo ... it is so empowering! I did my first one in September and it was awesome! I only slept with my knife & pepper spray in my hand the first night ;) The key for me was to hike hard so I was exhausted at night :) I saw my first rattlesnake too.

Thanks Moose, hopefully it's coming up week after next. Depends on the weather and if I chicken out from fear.
      Lost in the right direction.