Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Baseball Thread

• Listening to MLB radio yesterday when they were interviewing Rico Petrocelli, it sounded just like Coach Lou. :)
      While I realize Rico is a little older and from Brooklyn, to me (and my southern background) the accent and personality were dead on. :thumbup:
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General
    • New

max.patch wrote:

cobb county has 6 senior centers where our elder citizens can go and interact with their peers. free blood pressure checks. card games. etc. always been free.

starting next year -- $60 annual fee.

the reason -- the braves.
      Elected officials will answer complaints with ‘The fee is only five dollars monthly.” However once a fee is imposed, government has rarely eliminated one but often raises them.

Lest we forget.....

SSgt Ray Rangel - USAF
      SrA Elizabeth Loncki - USAF
      PFC Adam Harris - USA
      MSgt Eden Pearl - USMC
    • New

anybody looking to move to the atlanta area to get closer to the AT -- john smoltz has his humble abode for sale.

John Smoltz didn't become the only pitcher in Major League Baseball history to record at least 200 wins and 150 saves by backing down.
      But, that's what the MLB Hall of Famer is doing to try to sell his 18,265-square-foot mansion that sits on 19.7 acres in Milton, Ga.

The home has been on the market for five years and recently saw its price drop from $7.2 million to $5 million.

The home was built in 2002 and has 10 bedrooms, 10 full baths, four half-baths, a pool/spa, waterslide, separate tennis and basketball courts, separate baseball and football fields, a stocked fishing pond, a jogging trail, an au par suite, a studio apartment and an eight-car garage. There's also an 18-hole golf course that Smoltz describes as "everything a golfer could want: synthetic putting green, 2 synthetic golf greens & 9 tee boxes – to make 18 challenging shots."

2,000 miler