Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Baseball Thread

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New

max.patch wrote:

I finally got around to looking at the SI baseball preview so I could move the magazine from the coffee table to the recycling bin.

In the team preview they made predictions for each team in 2030. Spoiler alert -- Tampa is moving to Charlotte in 2028 and led the league in attendance the first 3 years they were there.

At the end they made a (tongue in cheek) prediction as what the 2030 cover of the baseball picture would look like. It was a picture of Shohei Ohtani with the headline reading:

Pitcher
      Hitter
      Manager

MLB's First 3-Way Player
      From the archive(2020)... :)
      2,000 miler
    • New

max.patch wrote:

I was watching 60 minutes back in 2017 when they ran a segment on someone I had never heard of before -- a 22 year old pitcher from Japan who both pitched and hit and apparently wasn't going to be interested in coming to MLB unless a team allowed him to do both. Found it on YouTube.

If I had to live in all that snow I would have gladly moved to LA too, never mind all the $$$. :)
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General