Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

2016 Its getting much harder to stay employed. (Coffee Talk)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Having recently spoken to the owner of a small chain of coffee shops, she's losing key employees to WalMart for the 10.00 dollar starting pay rate. She said most of her folks are at the upper range of $8.00. As most of her folks are students, they need the pay boost.

However in order to raise pay, she'll have to raise prices.

Lest we forget.....

SSgt Ray Rangel - USAF
      SrA Elizabeth Loncki - USAF
      PFC Adam Harris - USA
      MSgt Eden Pearl - USMC
    • Dan76 wrote:

Having recently spoken to the owner of a small chain of coffee shops, she's losing key employees to WalMart for the 10.00 dollar starting pay rate. She said most of her folks are at the upper range of $8.00. As most of her folks are students, they need the pay boost.

As Milton Friedman used to say, there is no such thing as s free lunch.
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General
    • Astro wrote:

Dan76 wrote:

Having recently spoken to the owner of a small chain of coffee shops, she's losing key employees to WalMart for the 10.00 dollar starting pay rate. She said most of her folks are at the upper range of $8.00. As most of her folks are students, they need the pay boost.

How true.

Lest we forget.....

SSgt Ray Rangel - USAF
      PFC Adam Harris - USA
      MSgt Eden Pearl - USMC
    • Astro wrote:

Dan76 wrote:

i loved milton friedman's ability to communicate so that a "normal" person could understand exactly what he was saying. i even read one of his books for fun. imagine that - reading an economists book for pleasure.
      2,000 miler
    • max.patch wrote:

Astro wrote:

Dan76 wrote:

i loved milton friedman's ability to communicate so that a "normal" person could understand exactly what he was saying. i even read one of his books for fun. imagine that - reading an economists book for pleasure.
      See now, ya lost me there :D
    • max.patch wrote:

Astro wrote:

Dan76 wrote:

That's a dying breed.
      I may grow old but I'll never grow up.
    • max.patch wrote:

Astro wrote:

Dan76 wrote:

referred to as the 'joy of learning'.

Lest we forget.....

SSgt Ray Rangel - USAF
      PFC Adam Harris - USA
      MSgt Eden Pearl - USMC