Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Knead Bread

• ScareBear wrote:

Glad you are feeling better. The flu/virus going around is a doozy. I had it and I missed two days at the office. First sick days of 2017...and the last...just sayin...
      It was terrible. I never get sick but had to call in one day...first day I’ve missed since 2015 (not counting 6 weeks off for surgery in 2016). It kind of sucked because I have tons of sick time but got sick on a long stretch off.
      In life there are no limitations. Except stupidity. If you're stupid, you're screwed.

Stephan Pastis
    • My daughter gave me a scone pan and cranberry scone mix for Christmas. I can’t wait to make them.

I have lots of plans for scones. Today I received an order from King Arthur Flour with cinnamon sweet bits, lemon wafers, espresso powder, and sparkling sugar...this is gonna be fun.
      In life there are no limitations. Except stupidity. If you're stupid, you're screwed.

Stephan Pastis
    • Bo Peep wrote:

My daughter gave me a scone pan and cranberry scone mix for Christmas. I can’t wait to make them.

I have lots of plans for scones. Today I received an order from King Arthur Flour with cinnamon sweet bits, lemon wafers, espresso powder, and sparkling sugar...this is gonna be fun.
      Scones are good. Mixup on start time for church Sunday morning, so we had 45 minutes to so my wife wanted to do it at Starbucks. I am not a coffee drinker, but I did enjoy the cranberry scone. :)
      It was good, but I wouldn't be surprised if yours were even better. :)
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General
    • The cinnamon scones were good but needed raisins and icing so I made a cinnamon glaze, yum.

The lemon blueberry scones are awesome and need nothing. I used lemon wafers and they aren’t very attractive so will chop them up next time. But, oh my, they are great!
      Images
      • 4CB02E47-8EE2-427E-A091-9D19B512B6D5.jpeg

199.31 kB, 774×600, viewed 7 times
      • 6E1A170B-B6A0-46E7-A04C-E13A2DB727A3.jpeg

186.45 kB, 755×600, viewed 6 times

Stephan Pastis
    • Bo Peep wrote:

The cinnamon scones were good but needed raisins and icing so I made a cinnamon glaze, yum.

The lemon blueberry scones are awesome and need nothing. I used lemon wafers and they aren’t very attractive so will chop them up next time. But, oh my, they are great!
      Any leftovers? If so, Jake and I are on the way.

Lest we forget.....

SSgt Ray Rangel - USAF
      SrA Elizabeth Loncki - USAF
      PFC Adam Harris - USA
      MSgt Eden Pearl - USMC
    • New

Oh my, sometimes my stupidity amuses me.

I am starting a 3 day, bread recipe. This is my normal process for measuring the ingredients...

Weigh bowl, write down the weight on a piece of paper. Add 120 to that number. Whatever the sum is, add sourdough starter to the bowl until reaching that number. Next, add 236 to the sum of the bowl and starter. Again, whatever that number is, add whole wheat flour until the scale reflects the total. Continue until all ingredients are weighed.

Lol! I just realized the scale can be zeroed between each ingredient and no math is required. It only took two years to figure this out. ^^

Stephan Pastis
    • New

Bo Peep wrote:

I am starting a 3 day, bread recipe. This is my normal process for measuring the ingredients...

Weigh bowl, write down the weight on a piece of paper. Add 120 to that number. Whatever the sum is, add sourdough starter to the bowl until reaching that number. Next, add 236 to the sum of the bowl and starter. Again, whatever that number is, add whole wheat flour until the scale reflects the total. Continue until all ingredients are weighed.

Lol! I just realized the scale can be zeroed between each ingredient and no math is required. It only took two years to figure this out. ^^
      Blonde lol :D
      "Dazed and Confused"
      Recycle, re-use, re-purpose
      Plant a tree
      Take a kid hiking
      Make a difference
    • New

Bo Peep wrote:

But hey, doing the math is good practice for your mind. :)
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General