Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

About Damn Time, Illinois: Concealed Carry

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• About Damn Time, Illinois: Concealed Carry

On the heels of a federal court striking down Chicago's ban on gun sales, those seeking gun permits in Illinois flooded the State Police website over the weekend to begin the permitting process.

In fact, the amount of Illinois residents seeking a conceal carry permit already surpasses those who enrolled in Obamacare after the first two months of the launch of healthcare.gov. The Chicago Sun-Times reported 4,525 individuals signed up on Sunday alone for their firearms permits, when the State Police first opened the process to all concealed carry applicants.
      No, I am not Uncle Si
    • Re:Re: About Damn Time, Illinois: Concealed Carry

milkman wrote:

Rasty wrote:

milkman wrote:

What's that leave now - 5 states to go?

Don't forget DC

Isn't DC a no-issue whereas some of the others are may issue? How many absolutely no-issues are left? Wasn't Illinois the only one?

Illinois was the only no issue state. As I recall I think that the judge that struck down Illinois' no issue wrote that New York's may-issue was the minimum acceptable standard. Now! If those may-issue states can be turned to shall-issue.
      Of course I talk to myself... sometimes I need expert advice.

The more I look into it, the whole process in Illinois seems a bit expensive. The Poll Tax was ruled unconstitutional for a reason. If I were a judge I would rule the Illinois hurdle too high for poor folks to exercise their constitutional rights.
      No, I am not Uncle Si

Just felt like posting this here for no apparent reason or idea... just something to say - yep I read this up to this point

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”

― Mark Twain

Now I know where I left off.... No I am not kidding... I don't want to read this twice.- Sorry! Woo. :blink:
      Be wise enough to walk away from the nonsense around you! :thumbup:

Chicago homicides drop to lowest level since 1965

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/01/02/chicago-homicides-drop-to-lowest-level-since-165/#
      Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

SarcasmTheElf wrote:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/01/02/chicago-homicides-drop-to-lowest-level-since-165/#

So let me get this straight - this article written by the press refuses to print the truth as law abiding family members and women who want protection get legal concealed weapons and it all happens within weeks....wow some people are paying attention.

Here at Chester County Courthouse (PA) they have a high speed drive by thru for getting this license. :dry:

Honestly its an opinion.... I still haven't taken sides.

WiseOldOwl wrote:

SarcasmTheElf wrote:

So let me get this straight - this article written by the press refuses to print the truth as law abiding family members and women who want protection get legal concealed weapons and it all happens within weeks....wow some people are paying attention.

Here at Chester County Courthouse (PA) they have a high speed drive by thru for getting this license. :dry:

So we're clear I'm a firm believer in guns for the good guys.

(If you're a WWII buff you should be laughing right now.)
      Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

SarcasmTheElf wrote:

WiseOldOwl wrote:

SarcasmTheElf wrote:

So we're clear I'm a firm believer in guns for the good guys.

(If you're a WWII buff you should be laughing right now.)
      ba dump dum....and got greased

Yo know RS what a fantastic job of hate filled speech and disinformation campaign the press has run about the NRA?

They are so good at it it caused a argument at a restaurant one night between me and my dad... he has opinions on things he knows nothing about, and is willing to defend his position. Finally, I said "Get back to me when you read up on the NRA-from the NRA!

To me anti gun legislation to reduce crime is an oximoron. In nature & humans who do predators go after? The weak! How many hunters do you hear about getting robbed? For most of my life I have carried a knife. Used to be a Buck or similar folder in a sheath on my belt. When I got involved in the MC Rallies it migrated to a "pig sticker" which I still have clipped to my pocket. It gives a signal "I am not weak & defenseless!" Why does Chicago have one of the strictest gun ownership regulations & the highest crime rates?

Mountain-Mike wrote:

To me anti gun legislation to reduce crime is an oximoron. In nature & humans who do predators go after? The weak! How many hunters do you hear about getting robbed? For most of my life I have carried a knife. Used to be a Buck or similar folder in a sheath on my belt. When I got involved in the MC Rallies it migrated to a "pig sticker" which I still have clipped to my pocket. It gives a signal "I am not weak & defenseless!" Why does Chicago have one of the strictest gun ownership regulations & the highest crime rates?

Hey MM when I rode and wore a patch I carried a quick release hatchet on my belt.
      Changes Daily→ ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫ ♪♫♪♫♪♫ ← Don't blame me. It's That Lonesome Guitar.