Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Nozipp Sleeping Bag

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Lets keep a healthy perspective on this. Its a great idea, glad Rasty found it... but I have some thoughts on this... there isn't a mention of Down, Waterproof Down, weight, materials...no observed baffle and just a big overlap.Will it work sure. Do I like the idea - I think its great...

Can I reverse engineer this at home - yup. The magnets are at Home Depot. One can add the magnets with scissors and patches to any system...but you might get a chill.

Do I need to buy one?.... I can take a existing bag and double it with a Down Jacket with a hood and have the same freedom, possibly at less weight.
      Be wise enough to walk away from the nonsense around you! :thumbup:
    • Wise Old Owl wrote:

Lets keep a healthy perspective on this. Its a great idea, glad Rasty found it... but I have some thoughts on this... there isn't a mention of Down, Waterproof Down, weight, materials...no observed baffle and just a big overlap.Will it work sure. Do I like the idea - I think its great...

Can I reverse engineer this at home - yup. The magnets are at Home Depot. One can add the magnets with scissors and patches to any system...but you might get a chill.

Do I need to buy one?.... I can take a existing bag and double it with a Down Jacket with a hood and have the same freedom, possibly at less weight.
      850+ dry down
      2#6ounces
      The specs are on the link
      Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.
      Dr. Seuss Cof123
    • Rasty wrote:

Wise Old Owl wrote:

Lets keep a healthy perspective on this. Its a great idea, glad Rasty found it... but I have some thoughts on this... there isn't a mention of Down, Waterproof Down, weight, materials...no observed baffle and just a big overlap.Will it work sure. Do I like the idea - I think its great...

850+ dry down2#6ounces
      The specs are on the link
      Got it... not sure how I missed it.
    • I would not be able to use it. I am a rotisserie sleeper and need to be able to bring my knees up. It weighs almost as much as my WM Antelope and not as warm. The space between the magnets could still leak heat. Wonder what the magnets feel like if you roll on top of them.
    • A.T.Lt wrote:

Rasty wrote:

I really like that it's quick to open. I've had a few times where I thought a animal was just outside of my tent and felt a bit trapped in my sleeping bag trying to find the drawcord.
      It looks like it has a hood drawcord though, right?
      It does have a hood drawcord. The difference is that when you pull the magnets apart the drawcord doesn't matter. Watch the video and you will see how easily the sleeping bag is opened. I don't think anyone can do that with a regular sleeping bag.
      Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.
      Dr. Seuss Cof123
    • Rasty wrote:

A.T.Lt wrote:

Rasty wrote:

I really like that it's quick to open. I've had a few times where I thought a animal was just outside of my tent and felt a bit trapped in my sleeping bag trying to find the drawcord.
      It looks like it has a hood drawcord though, right?
      It does have a hood drawcord. The difference is that when you pull the magnets apart the drawcord doesn't matter. Watch the video and you will see how easily the sleeping bag is opened. I don't think anyone can do that with a regular sleeping bag.
      Ahhhh yes!
      RIAP
    • Rasty wrote:

My thought too. Sometimes my zipper gets stuck and I have a brief moment of panic. Sounds silly but someone once held my sleeping bag closed when I was in it and I thought I was going to die. So it took a while to get comfortable with being zipped up. Knowing I can quickly rip it open sounds really good.
      Lost in the right direction.
    • Rasty wrote:

I've had it happen in a shelter, with a raccoon in the shelter dragging away my backpack right in front of my eyes. I was all bundled up in a 0° bag with the draft collar as well as the hood cinched down. Little thief made it quite a way before I could get my boots on and catch up.
      I'm not lost. I know where I am. I'm right here.
    • SandyofPA wrote:

I would not be able to use it. I am a rotisserie sleeper and need to be able to bring my knees up. It weighs almost as much as my WM Antelope and not as warm. The space between the magnets could still leak heat. Wonder what the magnets feel like if you roll on top of them.
      I have two sets of rare earth magnets both are as small as buttons and are very strong, one is thinner than lithium watch batteries... You would not notice them.