Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Beer on the A.T.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Dmax wrote:

NoAngel wrote:

Dmax wrote:

It's a hostel here in Erwin.
      That's not Uncle Johnny's. Which one is it?
      It's called Canterrosa Farm. A nice quite place without all the problems. Hopefully it stays that way and they stay in business.
      I don't remember them being in either guide book. I'll have to go back and re-read. Uncle Johnny's was very nice (especially after staying at Greasy Creek) lots of character and characters. :)
      "Dazed and Confused"
      Recycle, re-use, re-purpose
      Plant a tree
      Take a kid hiking
      Make a difference
    • NoAngel wrote:

Dmax wrote:

NoAngel wrote:

Dmax wrote:

It's called Canterrosa Farm. A nice quite place without all the problems. Hopefully it stays that way and they stay in business.
      I don't remember them being in either guide book. I'll have to go back and re-read. Uncle Johnny's was very nice (especially after staying at Greasy Creek) lots of character and characters. :)
      You must been SOBO that trip. I unfortunately walked down to Greasy Creek, but the woman was gone, so after looking around, decided to just walk back to the trail and keep going. Definitely did not feel like I would have missed anything.
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General
    • Astro wrote:

NoAngel wrote:

Dmax wrote:

NoAngel wrote:

Dmax wrote:

You must been SOBO that trip. I unfortunately walked down to Greasy Creek, but the woman was gone, so after looking around, decided to just walk back to the trail and keep going. Definitely did not feel like I would have missed anything.
      Yep SOBO Damascus to Fontana. Walked from Overmountain to Greasy Creek in the pouring sideways rain. I believe it was a little over 20 miles. They were some weird people. If I had known how strange that place was and that it would take 4 hours to do laundry I would have never come down the mountain. Heck I couldn't get any wetter and I wasn't cold.
      "Dazed and Confused"
      Recycle, re-use, re-purpose
      Plant a tree
      Take a kid hiking
      Make a difference
    • NoAngel wrote:

Dmax wrote:

NoAngel wrote:

Dmax wrote:

I considered staying at Greasy Creek but couldn't listen to her any longer...I just wanted food and some piece and quiet.
      I may grow old but I'll never grow up.
    • NoAngel wrote:

Astro wrote:

NoAngel wrote:

Dmax wrote:

NoAngel wrote:

Dmax wrote:

Yep SOBO Damascus to Fontana. Walked from Overmountain to Greasy Creek in the pouring sideways rain. I believe it was a little over 20 miles. They were some weird people. If I had known how strange that place was and that it would take 4 hours to do laundry I would have never come down the mountain. Heck I couldn't get any wetter and I wasn't cold.
      THe cheeseburger wasn't bad...but hell...after a few weeks on the trail there's no such thing as a bad cheese burger.
    • Astro wrote:

NoAngel wrote:

Dmax wrote:

NoAngel wrote:

Dmax wrote:

Consider yourself lucky.
    • NoAngel wrote:

Dmax wrote:

NoAngel wrote:

Dmax wrote:

Hehe, yep! :P And rumors of cheatin going on around there between Ms. Friendly and the neighbors. We got to hear ALL about it! :P

Astro wrote:

NoAngel wrote:

Dmax wrote:

NoAngel wrote:

Dmax wrote:

You missed her singing her "Greasy Friendly" song to you...and begging and pleading with everyone not to pee in her shower.
      www.appalachiantrailclarity.com - Life on the A.T.

Sometimes you find yourself in the middle of nowhere, and sometimes in the middle of nowhere, you find yourself.