Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Don't like hiking in the Winter Months?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Don't like hiking in the Winter Months?

I will be the first to tell you I am not a Gym person! I thought I hated it. But Hiking locally in snow sleet and rain - well sitting around isn't an option... Deanna and I spend way too much time with the TV and computers. So what about a low impact gym (we are in our 50's) I signed up for $10 a month and Deanna wanted massage machines so she was $20 Yup we did it... its a kick in the butt and my legs are sore right now... 1-2 hours as much as possible a week - I really like the place as it avoids the high maintenance fees to join. I swear those distances on the treadmill are lying... what you and I can do in 2-5 miles is 1/2 of that on a treadmill!

The best part is bringing some of those new head phones some of the machines can play audio from the TV's mounted above.

I think this is the best solution for those nasty cold months as you can cancel any time. Granted if I was in a mile high city I would buy snow shoes, but I don't live there. So this is a way to feel better and don't forget to bring your smart phone and Iheart or other apps.

Here is how to find a location near you... zoom up on your location and click on the closest dot. For some I will acknowledge it may be too far away.

CLICK
      Be wise enough to walk away from the nonsense around you! :thumbup: