Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Poll: Just Bill

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Re:Re: Re:Poll: Just Bill

I had a 1988 Ford Festiva. It was totaled and rebuilt when I bought it for $800. I drove it for 10 years, put another 100k on it, and did not put 1 new part on it. I scavenged parts off junked cars right down to brake pads. I loved that car. I gave it away to a neighbor for parts when the frame was shot.
      Non hikers are about a psi shy of a legal ball.

BirdBrain wrote:

My 1st car was a 1970 Ford Torino with a 351 Windsor. I bought it for $50. The timing chain had let go and the owner did not want to mess with it. A few parts and gaskets later I was rolling.
      my buddy had the grand torino...red w/the white top...just like starpsky and hup...that was a bad ride, he crashed it up....to much motor for a young-in. I crashed his Nova, paid him for it too...10 years later, he was a good friend.

...he told me to punch it...I punched it, hit a pole, threw the tye rod, and a black rubber stripe went down the road right to my house for the cops to follow...funniest freakin thing, they drove by looked at it laughed, and left...they new us.

My first car which was after 2 motorcycles that are another story themselves was a 1965 Chevy Corvair. That vair not vette. I got sandwiched in it at a red light and we took it out to my buddies dad's shop and cut the roof off windows and all. We made a corvairtible out of it. I rode around in it sitting on a piece of railroad tie, sitting real tall wearing a pair of work goggles. I looked like one of the banana splits characters. We turned the trunk, which is in the front, into the suicide seat. You had to be crazy to sit in it and I guess that's why we took turns doing it. We'd take it out in the woods on rough dirt roads hitting whoop-de-dos and trying to bounce each other out of it. We could drive it off road and hit the canals real fast and it would float across and climb right out when it got to the other side. That thing was a lot of fun.
      Changes Daily→ ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫ ♪♫♪♫♪♫ ← Don't blame me. It's That Lonesome Guitar.

milkman wrote:

My first car which was after 2 motorcycles that are another story themselves was a 1965 Chevy Corvair. That vair not vette. I got sandwiched in it at a red light and we took it out to my buddies dad's shop and cut the roof off windows and all. We made a corvairtible out of it. I rode around in it sitting on a piece of railroad tie, sitting real tall wearing a pair of work goggles. I looked like one of the banana splits characters. We turned the trunk, which is in the front, into the suicide seat. You had to be crazy to sit in it and I guess that's why we took turns doing it. We'd take it out in the woods on rough dirt roads hitting whoop-de-dos and trying to bounce each other out of it. We could drive it off road and hit the canals real fast and it would float across and climb right out when it got to the other side. That thing was a lot of fun.

Shame Ralph Nader and his Unsafe at Any Speed killed that car.
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General