Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

nunn active hydration electrolyte drink tablets

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• nunn active hydration electrolyte drink tablets

these things any good? 33 cents per 16 oz serving.

i drink plenty of water, so i don't need something that adds flavor to encourage me to drink more. just interested if there is any noticeable benefits when using.

anybody sell these in a 3 pack or something smaller?

[IMG:http://images.costco-static.com/image/media/350-883765-847__1.jpg]
      2,000 miler
    • REI sells them in a little plastic tube but they are expensive. As Astro said , I like Propel. You can get it at Walmart and other places and its dirt cheap for a box of single serving (quart) servings. The nunns are tablets.
      "Dazed and Confused"
      Recycle, re-use, re-purpose
      Plant a tree
      Take a kid hiking
      Make a difference
    • I use it but only in very hot and humid weather, the rest of the time it's water only. I believe it helps.

It is not a flavoring for water. Imagine a flat coke with all the sugar and sweetener removed, or Gatorade with no sweetener, and that's what Nuun tastes like...flat and unsweet. I thought it was terrible the first time I tried it because I was expecting a sugary electrolyte replacement, but now I like it. (By the way, flat Coke is becoming a popular fluid replacement at endurance races).

Some flavors are better than others. There is usually a Nuun booth set up at race expos with dozens of flavors that you can sample. I like lemonade and tri berry(?) the best.
      Lost in the right direction.
    • I tried em, they were okay I guess, kind of an acquired taste, and quite possible a placebo effect, but I'm sure they do the job just fine. Been eatin those gummy things made by Cliff which I've since found out has caffeine in them, I'll eat em but wasn't looking for a cup o' coffee. I should add, now that I'm watching my sugars and such I'll prolly not continue with the gummys but opt for a more natural source of replacement salts, tomatoes and such.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Socks ().