Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Other Hobbies and Interests

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• jimmyjam wrote:

chief wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

Here's my new sexy beast.
      lookin' good! funny, a buddy of mine showed up the other day in a white one. did you get one of those 10k off deals?
      I got 15k off. It's a 2018. And I got a 10 year 200,000 mile power train warranty. I am very happy with the purchase.
      outstanding! bet you felt like a thief in the night driving off the lot with that black beauty. yahoo!
    • chief wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

chief wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

Here's my new sexy beast.
      lookin' good! funny, a buddy of mine showed up the other day in a white one. did you get one of those 10k off deals?
      I got 15k off. It's a 2018. And I got a 10 year 200,000 mile power train warranty. I am very happy with the purchase.
      outstanding! bet you felt like a thief in the night driving off the lot with that black beauty. yahoo!
      Actually now that I think about it, it was really 13.5 k off and then I negotiated an additional 1k on my trade. I had 15k stuck in my head from that. Still a heck of a deal. And the only dealer I know that gives the 10/200 warranty on a truck.
      "Dazed and Confused"
      Recycle, re-use, re-purpose
      Plant a tree
      Take a kid hiking
      Make a difference
    • Talkin about sexy cars...

After I bought my new Crosstrek, I noticed people were constantly looking at me, like doing double takes. I thought, damn, I must look good! Until someone rolled their window down at a red light and told me they loved the color of my car. :D
      In life there are no limitations. Except stupidity. If you're stupid, you're screwed.

Stephan Pastis
    • LIhikers wrote:

Traffic Jam wrote:

Talkin about sexy cars...

After I bought my new Crosstrek, I noticed people were constantly looking at me, like doing double takes. I thought, damn, I must look good! Until someone rolled their window down at a red light and told me they loved the color of my car. :D
      It's the first, I'm sure.Nobody cares about the color of a car that much.
      What color is it?
      Thanks! But It’s the car. I’ve only seen one of that color in Knoxville.

In life there are no limitations. Except stupidity. If you're stupid, you're screwed.

Stephan Pastis
    • Traffic Jam wrote:

LIhikers wrote:

Traffic Jam wrote:

Talkin about sexy cars...

It's the first, I'm sure.Nobody cares about the color of a car that much.What color is it?
      Thanks! But It’s the car. I’ve only seen one of that color in Knoxville.

Looks sharp! :thumbup:
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General
    • New

odd man out wrote:

So my new hobby/interest is competing in the Team Trivia contest at the local brew pub every Tuesday. Been going for a couple months. So far I've had two third place and one first place finishes good for 50$ in gift cards at the brew pub, which is pretty good considering I don't have a team since apparently I have no friends. So if I keep winning I can drink for free. I'll admit its a bit of a rush for a team of one old fart to beat a whole table full of youngsters.
      I posted this in Dec 2017. I have kept up my trivia hobby for the last year, playing nearly every Tuesday night. You get a gift cards at the microbrewery for first (30$), second (20$) and third (10$) place. I can now finish in the money most every week. My wife comes about half the time (retired reference librarian) and then we can usually win. I eventually joined the Sate Team Trivia League, which just means they track your score every time you play and at the end of 6 months, the top teams are invited to a state-wide tournament where you can win real money. Today we played our first state tournament (about 100 teams play simultaneously in six regions around the state). I was able to round up a team of six (the maximum). In addition to my wife, my son who plays occasionally was there, plus a few friends from work who have also played with me a few times were all there. The top six teams win cash prizes from $2000 down to $100. Although we didn't win it was a lot of fund and we did do well. We were in 5th place in the state going into the final round and if we had gotten the last question correct we would have been in 3rd place (but we didn't, alas). You can bet up to 15 points on the last question so unfortunately, it doesn't matter so much how you do on the other 19 questions, if you get the last one wrong, you're screwed. The next season ends June 30 so maybe we can do better in the summer tournament.