Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Other Hobbies and Interests

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• LIhikers wrote:

Traffic Jam wrote:

I made it through bluegrass camp. It was a great learning experience...but super nerve-wracking. I nearly left on the first day. Performed on a big stage and didn't screw up (I think).

I worked hard to memorize songs but couldnt play any of them when in a group of people so learned a lot about playing by ear and improvising with chords.
      I say it's time for TJ to play for the cafe.How about next summer we all meet in Monson, Maine and TJ puts on a concert right there at the AT display in town.
      All in favor say aye :D
      i think the lodge at amicalola falls state park would be better.

everyone who hikes the AT should walk up those 600 stairs at least once.
      2,000 miler
    • I played bass in a bluegrass band. Bass players have the advantage in that we don't usually play the melody so we don't have to know so many notes. All I had to do was know the chord progressions, and in most bluegrass songs, that's pretty simple. 1 4 5 1. Sometimes a diminished 7 if its in mixolydian or dorian.
    • odd man out wrote:

I played bass in a bluegrass band. Bass players have the advantage in that we don't usually play the melody so we don't have to know so many notes. All I had to do was know the chord progressions, and in most bluegrass songs, that's pretty simple. 1 4 5 1. Sometimes a diminished 7 if its in mixolydian or dorian.
      "Pretty simple"?
      Maybe for you. :rolleyes:
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General
    • odd man out wrote:

I played bass in a bluegrass band. Bass players have the advantage in that we don't usually play the melody so we don't have to know so many notes. All I had to do was know the chord progressions, and in most bluegrass songs, that's pretty simple. 1 4 5 1. Sometimes a diminished 7 if its in mixolydian or dorian.
      ??? Going to expand my vocabulary this evening.

Lest we forget.....

SSgt Ray Rangel - USAF
      SrA Elizabeth Loncki - USAF
      PFC Adam Harris - USA
      MSgt Eden Pearl - USMC