Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

AppalachianTrailClarity.com articles for new hikers and curious veterans

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• CoachLou wrote:

PaulMags wrote:

Best place for steak on a trail?

This one...

dinerhunter.com/2015/06/27/the-peat-bar-lima-montana/
      skalkahosteakhouse.com/
      Just 20 miles off the CDT!!!

LIhikers wrote:

SarcasmTheElf wrote:

Rasty wrote:

twistwrist wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

twistwrist wrote:

Got a new article posted on Appalachian Trials. "Everything you need to know about maildrops on the Appalachian Trail", including mile markers, 1-3 locations per town, and links. Downloadable as a pdf. Soon will be on ATClarity too. Check it out and please share the link liberally. Thanks!

appalachiantrials.com/everythi…on-the-appalachian-trail/
      How about a combined article" " Beer Drops on the AT". :D And on that note, I just saw on the news that Anheuser Busch is buying Devils Backbone- I sure hope they don't screw with the recipe because DB has got some damn good beer.
      Well that's the saddest news I've heard all day. :(
      The big beer companies buying the micros will be terrible. These garbage companies ruin everything they touch.
      Homebrewing is a simple and cost effective solution to this problem.
      It takes time to get good at it though. Sometimes a lot of time.
      When I feel I've mastered the drinking portion of the equation I'll begin my quest as a brewer.
      I may grow old but I'll never grow up.
    • Hey y'all. My journey uncovering clarity continues.

Life is about to get the good kind of busy! I'm thrilled about getting a full-time job in the Cooperative Extension Department of the University of Georgia surrounded by incredible mentors and unlimited possibilities! Simultaneously, my writing is taking off and I'm currently working on 2 freelance articles for magazine publications. Top that off with the most awesome part-time job at Southern Brewing Company on weekends, and that, y'all, defines the "good kind of busy". :)

For the first time in my life, I've been toying with the idea of going back to school to get a Masters degree in Journalism and Mass Communication. School was NEVER even remotely a desire of mine before hiking the AT and discovering such a passion for writing. I always knew I was able to express myself easier with writing rather than verbally, but it wasn't until the AT that I began sharing my words with others and learned that, hop damn, other folks like my writing too! My once silly-sounding dream of being a beer writer has evolved into 3 freelance gigs in a couple of months time...all about beer, including a kick ass job in a brewery which is sparking even more connections. Anyway, the going back to school thing is at least a year in my future. I've got to focus on the other busyness in my life for a while and get settled in.

I will never be a stranger around here. You guys have been my cheerleaders, encouragers, and friends from way before my thru-hike started when I was asking questions like "what do I need to take on a long distance hike?". It may be that I'm not able to visit here as often, but I'll check in every chance I get to find out what's new in everyone's lives. <3 <3 <3 Cheers y'all!
      www.appalachiantrailclarity.com - Life on the A.T.

Sometimes you find yourself in the middle of nowhere, and sometimes in the middle of nowhere, you find yourself.
    • twistwrist wrote:

Hey y'all. My journey uncovering clarity continues.

Life is about to get the good kind of busy! I'm thrilled about getting a full-time job in the Cooperative Extension Department of the University of Georgia surrounded by incredible mentors and unlimited possibilities! Simultaneously, my writing is taking off and I'm currently working on 2 freelance articles for magazine publications. Top that off with the most awesome part-time job at Southern Brewing Company on weekends, and that, y'all, defines the "good kind of busy". :)

For the first time in my life, I've been toying with the idea of going back to school to get a Masters degree in Journalism and Mass Communication. School was NEVER even remotely a desire of mine before hiking the AT and discovering such a passion for writing. I always knew I was able to express myself easier with writing rather than verbally, but it wasn't until the AT that I began sharing my words with others and learned that, hop damn, other folks like my writing too! My once silly-sounding dream of being a beer writer has evolved into 3 freelance gigs in a couple of months time...all about beer, including a kick ass job in a brewery which is sparking even more connections. Anyway, the going back to school thing is at least a year in my future. I've got to focus on the other busyness in my life for a while and get settled in.

I will never be a stranger around here. You guys have been my cheerleaders, encouragers, and friends from way before my thru-hike started when I was asking questions like "what do I need to take on a long distance hike?". It may be that I'm not able to visit here as often, but I'll check in every chance I get to find out what's new in everyone's lives. <3 <3 <3 Cheers y'all!
      .....and another door opens....or two.
      I may grow old but I'll never grow up.
    • Hey y'all!
      My newest article is a heartfelt piece detailing Post Thru-Hike Feelings. Please share as you see fit.

https://appalachiantrailclarity.com/2016/08/01/post-trail-feelings/

Depression is common among those who thru-hike when we reenter society, its schedules and pressures. It'sometimes feels hard to find our place. Though my new job is providing new adventures in the form of national and international travel, I still find it confusing sometimes to figure out where I fit. Life feels so fast...trying to fit in regular life stuff around working 6 days per week. My head is above water, but I'm relying on floaties to keep it there. ;)
      Hope you all are well. Cheers!
      www.appalachiantrailclarity.com - Life on the A.T.

Sometimes you find yourself in the middle of nowhere, and sometimes in the middle of nowhere, you find yourself.