Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

new outfitter

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• that's sir packs a lot new venture. he has a gear shop at his top of georgia hostel, but i guess he's figured out he needs to be before neels gap instead of after neels gap if he wants to sell gear.

i wish him well, competition is good for everyone.

i wonder if he'll run shuttles. its only 1/2 mile but i don't think i'd like to walk beside that road.

i quibble with his contention this store is located in a location that "desperately" needs it. thats a bit of hyperbole. neels is a 4 -5 hour walk away. he used the same adjective to describe the location of his hostel.

edit to add: he has a facebook page. no mention of a shuttle; says it is an easy 1/2 downhill road walk.
      2,000 miler

The post was edited 2 times, last by max.patch ().

• max.patch wrote:

that's sir packs a lot new venture. he has a gear shop at his top of georgia hostel, but i guess he's figured out he needs to be before neels gap instead of after neels gap if he wants to sell gear.

i wonder if he'll run shuttles. its only 1/2 mile but i don't think i'd like to walk beside that road.

i quibble with his contention this store is located in a location that "desperately" needs it. thats a bit of hyperbole. neels is a 4 -5 hour walk away. he used the same adjective to describe the location of his hostel.

edit to add: he has a facebook page. no mention of a shuttle; says it is an easy 1/2 downhill road walk.
      Doesn't that mean 1/2 mile uphill road walk to get back? :)
      Lost in the right direction.
    • TrafficJam wrote:

max.patch wrote:

that's sir packs a lot new venture. he has a gear shop at his top of georgia hostel, but i guess he's figured out he needs to be before neels gap instead of after neels gap if he wants to sell gear.

Doesn't that mean 1/2 mile uphill road walk to get back? :)
      and if its "easy" going one way then its gotta be "hard" the other way. :)
      2,000 miler