Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Custom Down Bag for sale...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Custom Down Bag for sale...

• -SOLD- Custom Scott Nelson 20 degree mummy Down bag for sale... Here is Scotts description:Okay, this is not your normal down bag. This bag uses Karo baffles. You can move down around to where you want it most. Overall, two layer loft is 5 inches. I made this bag with material from Thru Hiker: Pertex Quantum .1.1 shell, M90 1.1 lining 12 oz of 900 down. Center zip 48" with draft tube. As a side sleeper, I am finding a center zip bag works better than a side zip. Weight 22 oz in stuff sack (5" x 12"). Sophisticated 3 dimentional design to the hood. Entire bag is differential cut. Bag is wider at the shoulders at 61" girth to allow for more clothes worn inside. Hip girth is 52" and foot girth is 43. Foot is fully baffled with no sewn-thru cold spots. What is the temperature rating? Similar lofting bags with this much Down claim 20 degrees... This bag is designed for someone under 5'10 and 200 pounds... I will edit with the weight... 22.5 ounces in its Z Packs CF stuff sack...$275 free shipping Con. US PayPal only...
      1 Fish, 2 Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish...

The post was edited 4 times, last by Toli ().

• Toli wrote:

Custom Scott Nelson 20 degree mummy Down bag for sale... Here is Scotts description:Okay, this is not your normal down bag. This bag uses Karo baffles. You can move down around to where you want it most. Overall, two layer loft is 5 inches. I made this bag with material from Thru Hiker: Pertex Quantum .1.1 shell, M90 1.1 lining 12 oz of 900 down. Center zip 48" with draft tube. As a side sleeper, I am finding a center zip bag works better than a side zip. Weight 22 oz in stuff sack (5" x 12"). Sophisticated 3 dimentional design to the hood. Entire bag is differential cut. Bag is wider at the shoulders at 61" girth to allow for more clothes worn inside. Hip girth is 52" and foot girth is 43. Foot is fully baffled with no sewn-thru cold spots. What is the temperature rating? Similar lofting bags with this much Down claim 20 degrees... This bag is designed for someone under 5'10 and 200 pounds... I will edit with the weight... 22.5 ounces in its Z Packs CF stuff sack...$275 free shipping Con. US PayPal only...

jimmyjam wrote:

Nice looking bag. The pertex quantum is nice material. I would say 20* is about right.
      It's super comfy... Scott has got sum MAD design/sewing skills...
      1 Fish, 2 Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish...