Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Pack Cover

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• BirdBrain wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

Mountain-Mike wrote:

Now for multi use on trash compactor bag...
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzBb5oBBd3E

Ummm, seriously?

Bacteria and moisture from lungs get trapped in pad if you blow it up. I use Exped Minipump.

I bought one of those Exped pump/pillow devices but didn't like it, took too long as a pump and the pillow wasn't much better. Got one of those Schnozzle dry bags, love it, weighs 2 oz, fills the pad in about 15-20 seconds, 1.5-2 bags full to fill pad, you can use it as a dry bag also.
      I may grow old but I'll never grow up.
    • Re:Re: Pack Cover

hikerboy wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

hikerboy wrote:

LoboSolo wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

I don't use a pack cover but it's been on the wish list for a while. I've hiked in multiple days of pouring rain and didn't have problems with anything inside getting wet but everyone I saw on the trail had a cover. I've read the endless debate for and against and want to know what you pros think.
      there are no pros. if it ain't broke, don't fix it. stay pack coverless

i have a paypal account. you can sponsor me.
      20 of every dollar will go to the poho preservation society, a foundation set up to create a cyber hostel where pohos can take stay for free aka appalachiantrailcafe.net
      the other 80 cents will go towards ramen,nido and bacon.

Only if it's Benton's Bacon :)
      i get microwave ready bacon, eat it straight out of the package. sealed it'll keep for weeks.cant beat it for fat supplement, much better than jerky, and you can add it to any meal.

and yes, of course to fund my thru hike, although its really 2 long ass section hikes. im entitled . i want to turn pro, but i need your help.

i got some pocket lint coming your way.
      Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.
      Dr. Seuss Cof123
    • hikerboy wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

hikerboy wrote:

LoboSolo wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

I don't use a pack cover but it's been on the wish list for a while. I've hiked in multiple days of pouring rain and didn't have problems with anything inside getting wet but everyone I saw on the trail had a cover. I've read the endless debate for and against and want to know what you pros think.

20 of every dollar will go to the poho preservation society, a foundation set up to create a cyber hostel where pohos can take stay for free aka appalachiantrailcafe.net

i get microwave ready bacon, eat it straight out of the package. sealed it'll keep for weeks.cant beat it for fat supplement, much better than jerky, and you can add it to any meal.

and yes, of course to fund my thru hike, although its really 2 long ass section hikes. im entitled . i want to turn pro, but i need your help.
      to be considered legit, you'll need your own website...oh wait they cost money, I hope you figured that in?

Rasty wrote:

hikerboy wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

hikerboy wrote:

LoboSolo wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

and I'll thrown in some belly button lint too.

rocksNsocks wrote:

Rasty wrote:

hikerboy wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

hikerboy wrote:

LoboSolo wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

Wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the smell of burnt hair.
      Changes Daily→ ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫ ♪♫♪♫♪♫ ← Don't blame me. It's That Lonesome Guitar.

milkman wrote:

rocksNsocks wrote:

Rasty wrote:

hikerboy wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

hikerboy wrote:

LoboSolo wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

Wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the smell of burnt hair.
      I've been savin mine for years...gonna knit some mittens, it's really a blend of dog hair as well...it's like real angora.
    • rocksNsocks wrote:

hikerboy wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

hikerboy wrote:

LoboSolo wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

to be considered legit, you'll need your own website...oh wait they cost money, I hope you figured that in?
      that comes from the poho preservation society fund.
      its all good
    • hikerboy wrote:

rocksNsocks wrote:

hikerboy wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

hikerboy wrote:

LoboSolo wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

as in
      "you don't pay, you don't get preserved" :ohmy:
    • rocksNsocks wrote:

hikerboy wrote:

rocksNsocks wrote:

hikerboy wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

hikerboy wrote:

LoboSolo wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

as in
      i'm entitled, gosh darn it!!!!
      its all good
    • hikerboy wrote:

rocksNsocks wrote:

hikerboy wrote:

rocksNsocks wrote:

hikerboy wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

hikerboy wrote:

LoboSolo wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

as in
      yer not alone
    • hikerboy wrote:

rocksNsocks wrote:

hikerboy wrote:

rocksNsocks wrote:

hikerboy wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

hikerboy wrote:

LoboSolo wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

as in

en titled....Is that like a trail name you pick yourself? I was getting used to Hikerboy but ok Gosh Darn it. :ohmy:
    • Drybones wrote:

BirdBrain wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

Mountain-Mike wrote:

Ummm, seriously?

Bacteria and moisture from lungs get trapped in pad if you blow it up. I use Exped Minipump.

I bought one of those Exped pump/pillow devices but didn't like it, took too long as a pump and the pillow wasn't much better. Got one of those Schnozzle dry bags, love it, weighs 2 oz, fills the pad in about 15-20 seconds, 1.5-2 bags full to fill pad, you can use it as a dry bag also.

Mine is not the pillow pump. it is the mini pump. Takes even longer. I saw a lot of items designed to save "precious" time. Mostly stoves. I have five extra minutes. Having said that, the schnozzle loves like a very good idea.
      Non hikers are about a psi shy of a legal ball.
    • BirdBrain wrote:

Drybones wrote:

BirdBrain wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

Mountain-Mike wrote:

Ummm, seriously?

Mine is not the pillow pump. it is the mini pump. Takes even longer. I saw a lot of items designed to save "precious" time. Mostly stoves. I have five extra minutes. Having said that, the schnozzle loves like a very good idea.

Okay people, I can only fit so much in my pack. Maybe I can sacrifice something in the first aid kit. Do I really need 3 packs of sutures?
      Lost in the right direction.
    • TrafficJam wrote:

BC9696 wrote:

A wet pack is a heavier pack, I have em for all my packs. Besides, they can be fun. I wear this during my daily 3-5 hike up and down the hills where I live.

[IMG:http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg111/BC9696/b9527edc-8962-4de9-98cc-e1127367f2be_zps987c725f.jpg]

gif.004
      Where in the heck did you get that?

I like it too.
    • hikerboy wrote:

my first aid kit is 3 or 4 large patch style bandaids, coupla butterflys,a small tube of neosporin, and advil.

and ,of course, my survival bracelet, wards off evil.

Ha ha. I took them out a while back...it's the nurse in me. But they do work as dental floss, fishing line, and sewing thread! I may have to put them back in.
    • TrafficJam wrote:

hikerboy wrote:

my first aid kit is 3 or 4 large patch style bandaids, coupla butterflys,a small tube of neosporin, and advil.

Ha ha. I took them out a while back...it's the nurse in me. But they do work as dental floss, fishing line, and sewing thread! I may have to put them back in.
      actually dental floss is better to carry for all the reasons you mentioned.it has the added benefit of keeping your teeth clean
      its all good
    • AnotherKevin wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

Okay people, I can only fit so much in my pack. Maybe I can sacrifice something in the first aid kit. Do I really need 3 packs of sutures?

I don't carry any, but suture self. (Sorry. I don't have the backbone to resist a pun. I'm an inverterbate punster.)

You need a dancing banana for that witty reply. Unfortunately I don't have one. Someone give this man a dancing banana!
    • hikerboy wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

hikerboy wrote:

actually dental floss is better to carry for all the reasons you mentioned.it has the added benefit of keeping your teeth clean

Seriously, thank you. I've learned more in the last two days than I have in the last 4 years. I don't know any other hikers and have had to figure everything out myself.
    • TrafficJam wrote:

hikerboy wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

hikerboy wrote:

Seriously, thank you. I've learned more in the last two days than I have in the last 4 years. I don't know any other hikers and have had to figure everything out myself.
      you can thank us by spreading the word about the site, as we cant solicit on the "other"site.
      help us grow the family
      its all good
    • TrafficJam wrote:

AnotherKevin wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

I don't carry any, but suture self. (Sorry. I don't have the backbone to resist a pun. I'm an inverterbate punster.)

You need a dancing banana for that witty reply. Unfortunately I don't have one. Someone give this man a dancing banana!

http://appalachiantrailcafe.net/packs/169-pack-cover.html?start=40#10000

TJ got the 10k. You are officially a PoHo. gif.004 gif.005
      Non hikers are about a psi shy of a legal ball.
    • BirdBrain wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

AnotherKevin wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

Yee haw! Just don't tell the neighbors.
    • TrafficJam wrote:

AnotherKevin wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

A nice get, for the 10k, to boot! 49.gif 49.gif 49.gif
      Cheesecake> Ramen :thumbsup:
    • TrafficJam wrote:

AnotherKevin wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

Schwing gif.014
    • BirdBrain wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

AnotherKevin wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

Well will you look at that. Congrats TJ! Welcome to the club. Can't wait to tell the neighbors.
    • It's custom. Took the cover to a sign company that I had emailed the art to. People driving Priuses give me dirty looks. I had it made a day after someone called the cops to report "a suspicious homeless man" one day. The cops were cool but it is now clear I am not homeless, I'm a hunter. Don't wanna be responsible for needlessly tying up the Sheriffs. Libtards in So. Mexifornia are just sooooo....(insert something good here).