Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Digital Camo & Multicam Tarps in 1.9 Ripstop!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Digital Camo & Multicam Tarps in 1.9 Ripstop!

For several years I have been looking annually for someone who has these and have 1 custom made tarp in Woodland Green.Other Digital's come and go in and out of stock..... Found out Warbonnet now carries the full tarp, hammock, and sock (Underquilt) in a quality ripstop... the wait is over...

http://www.warbonnetoutdoors.com/superfly/
      then click on right hand side
      Digital in 1.1

Multicam - keep in mind Multicam is more durable/bombproof and needs to be thicker nylon to support the paint.

Don't forget to check the weight before ordering!
      Be wise enough to walk away from the nonsense around you! :thumbup:

I associate ACU, Multicam and the USMC's digicam, with soldiers and Marines that actually wore it and those veterns that have come home and wear it as a "badge" of their service. So I am not comfortable wearing or using it myself. But that's only my personal feeling and i have no issue with how others feel on the matter
      Of course I talk to myself... sometimes I need expert advice.

Well I am not sure how to respond about this... I generally don't wear it. I went out of my way to get the real tree products and they just don't have it in tarps. But this I know in the woods - it helps "a little" when it comes to seeing more animals. Unfortunately, like us if you are moving they see the motion and are weary of it. Birds and other animals come right up to you and then they see you. I rather blend in... if I set up camp, I guess its personal preference.

[IMG:http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg275/MarkSwarbrick/DSCN0866_zpsb79aa5e0.jpg]

I personally prefer marpat or a digital pattern close to it but I'm picky in the sense that I haven't seen many patterns on hammock gear I like because the patterns seem to repeat every sq ft. My eye is drawn to the pattern and if it draws your eye, it's not really camouflage. I know, I'm OCD when it comes to that. My gear is the "old" green and brown colors, I just break up the outlines with careful placement.

I will admit some of the muli-cam is growing on me.
    • Re:Re: Digital Camo & Multicam Tarps in 1.9 Ripstop!

Noncenx wrote:

I personally prefer marpat or a digital pattern close to it but I'm picky in the sense that I haven't seen many patterns on hammock gear I like because the patterns seem to repeat every sq ft. My eye is drawn to the pattern and if it draws your eye, it's not really camouflage. I know, I'm OCD when it comes to that. My gear is the "old" green and brown colors, I just break up the outlines with careful placement.

I will admit some of the muli-cam is growing on me.

Welcome to the Cafe
      Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.
      Dr. Seuss Cof123

Well Marpat look alikes are somewhat available... Real tree and others are not... Turns out sill nylon won't hold six colors, needed for most digital.

I just picked up what appears to be a four color digital, Haven't tested too cold right now.

Welcome Noncenx!