Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

words I refuse to use

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• JimBlue wrote:

odd man out wrote:

I don't use prepositions to end sentences with.
      I will follow this rule until I am six feet under.

Also, to repeatedly split infinitives is poor form.
      It is something you should try to rarely do.

Also, using an adjective when you should use an adverb makes you sound like you are speaking bad.
      I run away from such people quick.

So remember, if it's broke, fix it, and that includes using a verbs as adjectives.
      And never start a sentence with a conjunction.

So my biggest complaints are the misuse of prepositions, split infinitives, adverbs, adjectives, conjunctions and the oxford comma.
      No split infinitives is for Latin, not English. So if using English, go ahead and split them. Just don't listen to the screams of the Latin speakers.
      I must of skipped that chapter, but I do still have my high school Latin textbook. Professor Issing let me keep it.
    • odd man out wrote:

JimBlue wrote:

odd man out wrote:

I don't use prepositions to end sentences with.
      I will follow this rule until I am six feet under.

Also, to repeatedly split infinitives is poor form.
      It is something you should try to rarely do.

Also, using an adjective when you should use an adverb makes you sound like you are speaking bad.
      I run away from such people quick.

So remember, if it's broke, fix it, and that includes using a verbs as adjectives.
      And never start a sentence with a conjunction.

So my biggest complaints are the misuse of prepositions, split infinitives, adverbs, adjectives, conjunctions and the oxford comma.
      No split infinitives is for Latin, not English. So if using English, go ahead and split them. Just don't listen to the screams of the Latin speakers.
      I must of skipped that chapter, but I do still have my high school Latin textbook. Professor Issing let me keep it.
      Ubi est puella?
      I may grow old but I'll never grow up.