Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Call me the devil, but.....

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Call me the devil, but.....

So there's this dude whose sense of self is inflated in my eyes who works day shift. Currently he's camped out near my office working on a project. More often than not I come in to find the cable to my printer removed and hooked up between his laptop and separate monitor. I'm not a fan of drama so I never confronted him about it. Instead, I'm a fan of getting ahead so I make it a point to feed my dogs right before leaving to come to work. Feeding my beagles more often than not results in dogshit getting on my shoes so I simply deal with it until I get to work then head over to this guy's trash can and clean off my boots. I think it's a fair trade off.
      If your Doctor is a tree, you're on acid.
    • Foresight wrote:

So there's this dude whose sense of self is inflated in my eyes who works day shift. Currently he's camped out near my office working on a project. More often than not I come in to find the cable to my printer removed and hooked up between his laptop and separate monitor. I'm not a fan of drama so I never confronted him about it. Instead, I'm a fan of getting ahead so I make it a point to feed my dogs right before leaving to come to work. Feeding my beagles more often than not results in dogshit getting on my shoes so I simply deal with it until I get to work then head over to this guy's trash can and clean off my boots. I think it's a fair trade off.
      I think fair would be brown bagging it and setting it a fire, and toss it in the porta Jon while he's sittn'...but that's me.
    • I call him spongebob because he's as wide as he is tall, looks like a walking square with little arms and legs sticking out. Because of this I put the cable back in place and zip tied the hell out of it to the underside of my desk. No way he was going under there to get it. Problem solved.

He hasn't taken my cable in months, but I still put dogshit in his trash can on a regular basis. I also like to slide it under his table so he can't reach it.
    • Foresight wrote:

I call him spongebob because he's as wide as he is tall, looks like a walking square with little arms and legs sticking out. Because of this I put the cable back in place and zip tied the hell out of it to the underside of my desk. No way he was going under there to get it. Problem solved.

He hasn't taken my cable in months, but I still put dogshit in his trash can on a regular basis. I also like to slide it under his table so he can't reach it.
      Hopefully it's not housekeeping that cleans up at night
      Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.
      Dr. Seuss Cof123
    • Housekeeping? we're an R&D facility and this is happening deep within the bowels (pun intended) of the R&D areas so no housekeeping allowed. I actually take the trash out myself.
      but, I did just eat spam fried in duck fat if that will put me back in your good graces. I'll get you a pic later tonight, bought time to get back to surveying.
    • Foresight wrote:

I call him spongebob because he's as wide as he is tall, looks like a walking square with little arms and legs sticking out. Because of this I put the cable back in place and zip tied the hell out of it to the underside of my desk. No way he was going under there to get it. Problem solved.

Hope I never get on your bad side, you think too much like me. I have two dobermans so I understand dogs crap, but I carry bags to pick it up if they make a deposit in someone's yard. Someone in the neighborhood has been letting their dog crap in my front yard (my dogs are not allowed there) and I'm tired of picking it up, my plan was to set up a camera to determine for certain who it was and fill a 5-gallon bucket with dog crap and let them have it...my wife never likes my ideas so I "politely" spoke with the person I believed responsible and "politely" let them know what was going on and when I caught the culprit we would have a serious disagreement...haven't seen any crap since.
      I may grow old but I'll never grow up.
    • TrafficJam wrote:

Foresight wrote:

Maybe it's time to let it go? ^^
      (I'm going to be the adult here and not dislike your post.....)

My wife says craziness like that every now and then; I just remind her how thankful she is for that to be my nature. After all, I've keep her around for all these years :D

And I'm beginning to think DryBones may be long lost kin.
    • Drybones wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

years and years ago I rubbed poison ivy leaves on someone's desk phone. :evil:
      Foresight would have put it on his toilet paper...which probably would have had a dog turd stuck to the back of it for good measure.
      The guy I did this to really deserved it- he was a no good back stabbing SOB.
      "Dazed and Confused"
      Recycle, re-use, re-purpose
      Plant a tree
      Take a kid hiking
      Make a difference
    • I usually just do verbal things. After I found out more about my ancestry... I did the following.

"You may think thats funny, probably my Comanche ancestors would be laughing as they prepare the ant bed for your occupancy, but I don't think its funny."

I was asked by my boss not to say that...

So, I knew one pain at that job had computer problems. He was pestering me one day when I was working on someone else's computer.

I heard his computer make a funny sound, so I stopped, and snapped my fingers.

His computer rebooted. And didn't come up into Windows right away. I harumphed, and snapped my fingers again.

His computer then started up into Windows. He never bothered me again.

No, not sharing how, trade secret.
      --
      "What do you mean its sunrise already ?!", me.
    • socks wrote:

Foresight wrote:

"Don't get mad, get ahead".....

Think about it, if you're down 6 and score a TD, you're not gonna take a knee on the extra point are you? ;)
      Nope, we're gonna kill em, we're gonna eat lightning and crap thunder, then we're gonna crush them son's a bitches...Raaaaah.
      Sorry folks, just reliving the glory days. :whistling:
      When I was a Sophomore in HS we were in the district tournament against a team that had beaten the other team from our conference 21-4 the night before (we beat that team 3-2 and 2-1 during the regular season). Our coach was a football guy and usually gave "football" speeches.....this time he called us in, looked us all in the eyes one by one, then said, "tonight, men, we're gonna make their mama's cry". Then he turned around and walked off. Yours truly had the game winning RBI in the bottom of the 7th. We won 3-2. I didn't see any mama's crying, but I'm sure they did, lol.

We wound up winning the tournament, but went on to lose in the State semifinals.
    • Foresight wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

Foresight wrote:

Maybe it's time to let it go? ^^
      (I'm going to be the adult here and not dislike your post.....)
      My wife says craziness like that every now and then; I just remind her how thankful she is for that to be my nature. After all, I've keep her around for all these years :D
      . :rolleyes:
      I ain't fooled, especially after the toenail painting story.
      Lost in the right direction.