Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Allegheny Trail - West Virginia's Long Trail

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• blissful wrote:

I completed a thru hike of the ALT - Allegheny Trail - this past fall 2015. Feel free to look over my trail journal.
      Congratulations, look forward to reading your journal.

After completing my section hike of the AT in 2017, I am considering doing a lot of other trails that fit my month or two off in the summer, and I might need to add this to the list.
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General
    • I just signed on to a work crew to work on section 4 starting June 17th for a week, my cousin takes care of that section all the way to where it terminates into the AT. On to new adventures, I came home after only 2 weeks on the AT, too much rain and pot parties. So many people on the trail it was hard to find a campsite, so noisy I could not sleep. New tent worked great.
    • SandyofPA wrote:

I just signed on to a work crew to work on section 4 starting June 17th for a week, my cousin takes care of that section all the way to where it terminates into the AT. On to new adventures, I came home after only 2 weeks on the AT, too much rain and pot parties. So many people on the trail it was hard to find a campsite, so noisy I could not sleep. New tent worked great.
      That's too bad. Sounds like it's time to hike the BMT...you're more than capable. :)
      Lost in the right direction.
    • TrafficJam wrote:

SandyofPA wrote:

I just signed on to a work crew to work on section 4 starting June 17th for a week, my cousin takes care of that section all the way to where it terminates into the AT. On to new adventures, I came home after only 2 weeks on the AT, too much rain and pot parties. So many people on the trail it was hard to find a campsite, so noisy I could not sleep. New tent worked great.
      That's too bad. Sounds like it's time to hike the BMT...you're more than capable. :)
      There are many other wonderful trails closer to home. The AT has been my focus only because my husband worries about me out there alone. On the AT it is now hard to be alone, time to find a buddy that hikes as slow as me to hike some of the other trails. The BMT sounds great, but transport to get there adds greatly to the cost of the trip.
    • SandyofPA wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

SandyofPA wrote:

There are many other wonderful trails closer to home. The AT has been my focus only because my husband worries about me out there alone. On the AT it is now hard to be alone, time to find a buddy that hikes as slow as me to hike some of the other trails. The BMT sounds great, but transport to get there adds greatly to the cost of the trip.
      The dawg is pretty cheap... :rolleyes:
    • ScareBear wrote:

SandyofPA wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

SandyofPA wrote:

The dawg is pretty cheap... :rolleyes:
      Hitching a ride with my Hubby's high school friend is free.... :thumbsup: he can get me to Murphy, NC I just got to go when he is going. That is why I started my hike from Erwin in the pouring rain.