Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

LLBEAN - Down Jacket & Hood.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• LLBEAN - Down Jacket & Hood.

LL Bean's entry level goose down parka Price pint has hovered just over the $100 price point - I have an early one from 2 years ago that holds up well its not for hiking in... but it works well as a second piece of kit in winter backpacking when destined camp. I use it when I don't feel like getting into the mummy bag all the way. Then if I get up at night the bag comes off and I am still warm for the midnight pitstop. There has always been each year some interest in getting good kit for the winter at a fair price. Right now its on sale... Down absorbs the sweat and as a your heat against any moisture in the air the down "soaks up the water and retains it..." over the course of a 7 miler in a recent test this jacket did extremely well in a bug out back to the car. I tossed it in the dryer with a bunch of tennis balls and it was back to new. Stop by the stores or call ahead to make sure its in stock.

comes in at 1lbs and a few ounces for the hood.

I am working with the one that just arrived for Christmas with downtek and shoved the driveway today and it didn't "soak up" but I am still testing.

CLICK HERE
      Be wise enough to walk away from the nonsense around you! :thumbup:

I wish this jacket was in at least 800 down and not the 650. Jackets are like all my other gear. For my jackets I would like to have one to use in different conditions. The one I use at 40* isn't the same jacket I want to grab when it's going to get down to 0*. Kinda like when I go for a weekend hike and there is no chance of rain I will take my Hexamid Tarp. If rain is only slightly in the forecast I take the Borahgami tarp. If its raining all weekend I will take my double wall tent. .... Just need to figure out how to afford all the new jackets. .. Good price on this jacket though...

After Christmas I got the LL Bean Ultra light down jacket 850....its really warm, not as light as others..but I wear it daily and would bring it on a winter hike. Im not a fan of hoods..So it works well. It weighs in a little over a pound.
      RIAP

A.T.Lt wrote:

After Christmas I got the LL Bean Ultra light down jacket 850....its really warm, not as light as others..but I wear it daily and would bring it on a winter hike. Im not a fan of hoods..So it works well. It weighs in a little over a pound.

I have a LLBean Wardens Coat. Puffy liner, and the shell is long, lotts of pockets...super gortex. I can wear just the shell with different fleece or heavy sweaters. Or the down separately. Rarely need them together.
      Cheesecake> Ramen :thumbsup:

Dmax wrote:

I wish this jacket was in at least 800 down and not the 650. Jackets are like all my other gear. For my jackets I would like to have one to use in different conditions. The one I use at 40* isn't the same jacket I want to grab when it's going to get down to 0*. Kinda like when I go for a weekend hike and there is no chance of rain I will take my Hexamid Tarp. If rain is only slightly in the forecast I take the Borahgami tarp. If its raining all weekend I will take my double wall tent. .... Just need to figure out how to afford all the new jackets. .. Good price on this jacket though...
      I've often wondered if it's feasible to do some non-invasive laprascopic surgery on my down coat, making a small incision and placing a drinking straw in said opening, wetting some down, squeeze out water, inject and add to existing loft...stitch closed.