Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

The NASCAR/Automobile Racing Thread

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I wonder how much money that ment to slower car & what it ment to him/his team. Yeah it messes up top tier, but part of the race...on the otherhand nascar started with bootleggers. People with little money trying to turn an extra buck to get buy. Flash foward to little guy today. A few places forward this week could mean one more sponser & a few more weeks.
    • Dan76 wrote:

Don't know if the bump was deliberate, but such action is too common in NASCAR.
      I doubt it was deliberate. Kasey Kahne has never been a jerk, and as far as I know he and Danicant don't--didn't--have any bad blood between them. Kasey AND his spotter got called to the NASCAR trailer for a "chat" after the race. Since they called his spotter as well, my thinking (and I haven't done any reading to follow up since the race, so this is all speculation) was that NASCAR officials figured it was a whoops, but a STUPID whoops worthy of a talking to.

As has been mentioned, bumping has been part of it since the beginning. The old saying "rubbin' is racin'" still applies. It's a matter of just how much, and intent. If I'm faster than you and behind you, and you won't GTFO the way, you're getting nudged. That's normal. Bumping because you and/or your spotter weren't paying attention, well, that happens and is accidental, but shouldn't happen much at that level. Flat out wrecking someone intentionally (as Kryle Bi*ch has a string of, Carl Ewards, Danicant, and Matt Kenseth have done) is a whole 'nother ball game.

As for any benefit to the driver who bumped Danicant and caused her to wreck, his team (Hendrick Motorsports) is a bigger deal than hers (Stewart-Hass Racing), so he's not in any great need of anything.
      Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less. - Robert E. Lee

The post was edited 1 time, last by Grinder ().

• One of the things I love about the cafe is you learn a lot about others things from other people. Never was much of a NASCAR fan, but just got a lot of interesting information from Grinder there, and over on another thread Rasty is teaching us how to make bread.
      MaxPatch has greatly increased my pop culture IQ, Traffic Jam is a valuable resource on health concerns, Another Kevin could probably do his own PBS show, JimmyJam is great at DIY, and Mountain Mike would be awesome to listen to around a campfire. And I could go on and on.
      While I come here to learn more about gear and hiking tips, it is interesting some of the other stuff you can learn too. :thumbup:
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General
    • Astro wrote:

One of the things I love about the cafe is you learn a lot about others things from other people. Never was much of a NASCAR fan, but just got a lot of interesting information from Grinder there, and over on another thread Rasty is teaching us how to make bread.
      MaxPatch has greatly increased my pop culture IQ, Traffic Jam is a valuable resource on health concerns, Another Kevin could probably do his own PBS show, JimmyJam is great at DIY, and Mountain Mike would be awesome to listen to around a campfire. And I could go on and on.
      While I come here to learn more about gear and hiking tips, it is interesting some of the other stuff you can learn too. :thumbup:
      It mirrors life on the trail. You never know who you camp with & their life's experience. This place may be small, but it's a great core of a wealth ok knowledge!
    • I research as a profession and therefore don't spend much inside time in an 'entertainment' mode. However this forum is one of the few sites I dwell upon almost daily for the reason Astro articulates.

Keep up the excellent work both mods and originators.

Lest we forget.....

SSgt Ray Rangel - USAF
      SrA Elizabeth Loncki - USAF
      PFC Adam Harris - USA
      MSgt Eden Pearl - USMC
    • Some follow-up on the incident between Kasey and Danicant. It was he and his crew chief who were called to the NASCAR trailer, not his spotter. Apparently the talking heads on TV got it wrong. Of course, half the time I'm just happy they can articulate a coherent thought at all. NASCAR just wanted to make sure 1) there was no existing bad blood to cause it, and 2) it wasn't going to grow into something nasty, which happened in a BIG way last year between two other drivers. The full article:

nascar.com/en_us/news-media/ar…o-club-nascar-hauler.html

And on a side note, Danicant was fined for her post-wreck actions. Not because she showed her displeasure, but for violating rules for post-incident procedures. I've seen other drivers do this in the past and never heard of fines. I wonder if NASCAR implemented this rule after Tony Stewart's incident in another racing series or they just decided to enforce it more heavily after that. She didn't throw anything at Kasey's car (which others have done in the past in similar situations). The story on that:

nascar.com/en_us/news-media/ar…ahne-auto-club-wreck.html
      Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less. - Robert E. Lee
    • And in news that makes me quite happy, Kryle Bi*ch was fined after the Saturday Xfinity Series race.

nascar.com/en_us/news-media/ar…sch-joe-gibbs-racing.html

While I think it's kind of dumb to have rules forcing drivers to talk to the media, I'm happy for anything negative that happens to Kryle Bi*ch. Yes, that includes his wreck last year that broke both of his legs and caused him to miss several races. It wouldn't have bothered me one bit had it ended his career. He should've been booted and banned from racing years ago.
    • Grinder wrote:

And in news that makes me quite happy, Kryle Bi*ch was fined after the Saturday Xfinity Series race.

While I think it's kind of dumb to have rules forcing drivers to talk to the media, I'm happy for anything negative that happens to Kryle Bi*ch. Yes, that includes his wreck last year that broke both of his legs and caused him to miss several races. It wouldn't have bothered me one bit had it ended his career. He should've been booted and banned from racing years ago.
      wow $10,000...that's tires.

Danicant ain't knockin' no one out, who she kiddin' :rolleyes:
    • mental note wrote:

Grinder wrote:

And in news that makes me quite happy, Kryle Bi*ch was fined after the Saturday Xfinity Series race.

wow $10,000...that's tires.
      Danicant ain't knockin' no one out, who she kiddin' :rolleyes:
      $10K may be tires, but that's out of the team owner's pocket, not the driver's the way the fines are.

I don't know about her. She's small but from all I've seen she works out like a beast. Kasey's kind of a babyface looking thing. She might whoop his ass. And if she can't she'll just use her car the way she did (intentionally) Sam Hornish at 'Dega a few years back.