Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Ron Haven's New Hostel - Franklin, NC

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Ron Haven's New Hostel - Franklin, NC

Ron Haven has added a new hostel to his lodging services in Franklin this year. The Penny Pincher HIker's Den is a new hostel that will open in February 2014.

From his web page:

http://appalachiantrailservices.net/Havenshikerhostel.htm

This will be open Feb 2014, Hiker Supply Store & Outfitter, On Site Laundry, Beer, Snacks, Tobacco, Food, Internet, Fuel & More

Hostel Charge only $15 per person Nightly plus our FREE Shuttles for Guest Only to and from Winding Stair, Rock & Wallace Gaps

I will have room for about 20 Hikers - Check back for updates, As we move along I will finish the site.

LoboSolo wrote:

Rasty wrote:

LoboSolo wrote:

on site beer may be a bad thing

Selling booze is all about letting the customer know that getting stupid lands you in jail. Once 99.9% of the public knows that they will behave.
      you ain't spent a lot of time around LD hikers

Customers are customers. I've sold around 20 million in beer, wine and liquor to every "type" from beach bars to college bars to country clubs.
      Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.
      Dr. Seuss Cof123

LoboSolo wrote:

Many hostels let hikers buy beer elsewhere and bring into the hostel so I don't see much difference with having it at the hostel, I'm guessing it will be more expensive though. I don't disagree with your thinking tho, it only takes one 46.gif -head to ruin a stay for the others.
      I may grow old but I'll never grow up.

Drybones wrote:

LoboSolo wrote:

Many hostels let hikers buy beer elsewhere and bring into the hostel so I don't see much difference with having it at the hostel, I'm guessing it will be more expensive though. I don't disagree with your thinking tho, it only takes one 46.gif -head to ruin a stay for the others.

That's when you just slap them bitches down and put 'em to bed. Even go as far as to put up a sign. Attn: Hikers the sale and consumption of alcohol is allowed on these premises however if you cannot control yourself and choose to show your ass you will be slapped down and put to bed. Have a nice day. :)
      Changes Daily→ ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫ ♪♫♪♫♪♫ ← Don't blame me. It's That Lonesome Guitar.

Ron has been a hostel-keeper (I think that's the word, 'hosteller', also spelt 'ostler' is a stable attendant) for a long time. LoboSolo has been a hostel bouncer for a long time. I'm sure that both are big boys and capable of making their own decisions for their respective establishments.
      I'm not lost. I know where I am. I'm right here.

milkman wrote:

Drybones wrote:

LoboSolo wrote:

That's when you just slap them bitches down and put 'em to bed. Even go as far as to put up a sign. Attn: Hikers the sale and consumption of alcohol is allowed on these premises however if you cannot control yourself and choose to show your ass you will be slapped down and put to bed. Have a nice day. :)

You could call it the Hostile Hostel :lol:

TrainWreck wrote:

milkman wrote:

Drybones wrote:

LoboSolo wrote:

You could call it the Hostile Hostel :lol:

Or just another biker bar.

milkman wrote:

Drybones wrote:

LoboSolo wrote:

Somethin tells me you use to bounce...call it a hunch ;)

rocksNsocks wrote:

milkman wrote:

Drybones wrote:

LoboSolo wrote:

Somethin tells me you use to bounce...call it a hunch ;)

Your hunch is right. A titty bar to top it all off. We used to get some Lulu's. Damn boyfriends used to be the worst. We'd tell the girls - no boyfriends. Somehow they'd get in and take offense when a "customer" showed his girlfriend too much "attention".

OzJacko wrote:

Might take some of the more unruly elements from his hotels....
      If he didn't sell beer, they wouldn't go.

I'm glad the "unrulies" have a place to go, that makes for a quieter place for the rest of us.

Ron, won't have any trouble with the drunks. This way he can keep em all together and just make his life easier.
      No, I am not Uncle Si

ChinMusic wrote:

OzJacko wrote:

Might take some of the more unruly elements from his hotels....
      If he didn't sell beer, they wouldn't go.

I'm glad the "unrulies" have a place to go, that makes for a quieter place for the rest of us.

Ron, won't have any trouble with the drunks. This way he can keep em all together and just make his life easier.

Sorta like self segregation. Giving people options to stay where they feel more comfortable. Party people over here, those looking for peace and relaxation over there. Win win situation for everyone.
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General