Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Polycyro Ground Sheet

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Polycyro Ground Sheet

I've mentioned this stuff before, but I think I said it was Storm King window film- well it's Frost King. Same stuff you buy from GG or MLD. You can get it HD or Lowes for about $8. 84" x 110" plus a roll of 1/2" double sided tape that's good all sorts of projects. I can get two ground sheets out of it. Cut it with a hot knife for best results as it keeps the edge strong when it's melted. Super light and durable. A piece will fold up to size of a deck of cards. Great for putting on those nasty shelter floors. I keep mine in an outside pack pocket so I spread it out at break time if I want to stretch out.
      Images
      • Ground Sheet.jpg

85.36 kB, 800×479, viewed 261 times
      "Dazed and Confused"
      Recycle, re-use, re-purpose
      Plant a tree
      Take a kid hiking
      Make a difference
    • As I've been looking for a replacement ground sheet, I'll take a look. My old one is from several FedEx mailers, slit down the sides and secured with the flap adhesive. It has served well for a couple of seasons, but is getting worn. But two envelopes still make a suitable sit pad.

Lest we forget.....

SSgt Ray Rangel - USAF
      SrA Elizabeth Loncki - USAF
      PFC Adam Harris - USA
      MSgt Eden Pearl - USMC