Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Your PSA!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• CoachLou wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

CoachLou wrote:

We are all very lucky that our main Babe here, is a Nurse :saint: .......................................... :thumbsup:
      Believe me, that's a distinction that I don't really enjoy. I've tried hard to recruit other women but they take one look and never come back...except Twistwrist.

milkman wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

Did anyone catch the double entendre of the thread title? ;)
      Do you mean PSA?Poop Shute Analysis?
      Close enough. :thumbsup:
      ....but you see there you are.......a nurse and a elementary school teacher, prolly the only two professions that could deal with this lot! :thumbsup:
      Funny :D . All the ladies in the cafe are cool! I just wish there were more of them.
      Lost in the right direction.
    • CoachLou wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

CoachLou wrote:

We are all very lucky that our main Babe here, is a Nurse :saint: .......................................... :thumbsup:
      Believe me, that's a distinction that I don't really enjoy. I've tried hard to recruit other women but they take one look and never come back...except Twistwrist.

milkman wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

....but you see there you are.......a nurse and a elementary school teacher, prolly the only two professions that could deal with this lot! :thumbsup:
      Lotta Bull dookey :D she could fight, get ya freakin banned. :D
    • TrafficJam wrote:

CoachLou wrote:

milkman wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

Can't imagine why. :rolleyes:
    • rafe wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

CoachLou wrote:

milkman wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

Can't imagine why. :rolleyes:
      Whata we smell bad?
    • CoachLou wrote:

.but you see there you are.......a nurse and a elementary school teacher, prolly the only two professions that could deal with this lot!
      Not too long ago, I was driving with my daughter, and there was a local news story about some deranged guy that it had taken eight cops to subdue.

Daughter's comment: "Two EMT's could have done it. Or one Psych nurse! Psych nurses are fearsome!"

(A lot of her buds are nursing students, could you tell?)
      I'm not lost. I know where I am. I'm right here.
    • Foresight wrote:

Yesterday morning I would have agreed with you; today? I'm not so sure anymore because another thing I learned is that, whether you want to see it or not, the Dr is going to show you pictures from inside your dad's butt and there wasn't nothing in there that was brown. I guess the horror stories I've heard about the "cleansing routine" you have to go through before the procedure are true.
      Funny you brought that up. I had an Colonwhatamie about a month ago. I drank the whole bottle of mag citrate in one draught to prove something. But then they wanted me to drink the whole gallon of GoLightly. That stuff was a lot harder and I did it in 12 hours. It said it was pineapple flavor, yeah right ... the outside of a Pineapple.

The embarrassing thing was the girl who worked on me was a former student and when I told her I was glad I never yelled at my students she told me,"Well,. you sure yelled at that boy that pulled the chair out from under me as I was about to sit down."

How ironical. (BTW My photos came out nice and clean and pink) TMI
    • AnotherKevin wrote:

CoachLou wrote:

.but you see there you are.......a nurse and a elementary school teacher, prolly the only two professions that could deal with this lot!
      Not too long ago, I was driving with my daughter, and there was a local news story about some deranged guy that it had taken eight cops to subdue.
      Daughter's comment: "Two EMT's could have done it. Or one Psych nurse! Psych nurses are fearsome!"

Psych nurses are all a little crazy. :)
    • Foresight wrote:

Yesterday morning I would have agreed with you; today? I'm not so sure anymore because another thing I learned is that, whether you want to see it or not, the Dr is going to show you pictures from inside your dad's butt and there wasn't nothing in there that was brown. I guess the horror stories I've heard about the "cleansing routine" you have to go through before the procedure are true.

The post was edited 1 time, last by grayblazer: I'm a moron ().

• TrafficJam wrote:

AnotherKevin wrote:

CoachLou wrote:

Not too long ago, I was driving with my daughter, and there was a local news story about some deranged guy that it had taken eight cops to subdue.Daughter's comment: "Two EMT's could have done it. Or one Psych nurse! Psych nurses are fearsome!"

Psych nurses are all a little crazy. :)
      I am sure that helps. ;)
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General
    • Foresight wrote:

I took my dad (82) earlier today for a colonoscopy (all was well, he's incredibly healthy). I get there to find out that I'm not allowed to leave the waiting area in case they need me for anything. Well, let me tell you......At 50 I was by far the youngest person there and I learned a lot:

I learned that old people have no shame; if it enters their brain it comes out their mouth.

I learned that Jimmy Swaggart (did you know he's 84?) just signed some kinda deal that expands his reach to 182,000,000 new homes across the world.

I learned that Deborah was the 7th of 10 children born to her mother. The first 3 were by another father who took them and kicked her mama out of the house because that's what they do in West Virginia.

I learned that it's perfectly acceptable to talk to the people on the television.

I learned that Harold, who was there for his 5th colonoscopy at that particular office is in love with his nurse, Vicky, and wants to have his picture taken with her.

I learned that old people can't stand the sight of someone contentedly reading and must rescue them from the horrors of said activity by continually engaging them in conversation about polyps, internal hemorrhoids and diverticuli.

I learned that trying to read with Fox News is on the tv is also impossible.

I learned that the tv's in doctors office frequented by old people are turned up incredibly loud because old people can't hear.

I learned that farting is not only a byproduct of said colonoscopy, but that it is encouraged by the staff; think rookery. A veritable cacophony of flatulence.
      If you were shocked at the dialogue in a doc's waiting room, try being one of the few male teachers in a middle school .
      Trying to eat lunch in the teacher's lounge was an exercise of futility. Between vivid descriptions of PMS, labor and birth sketches, and the latest relationship issues my appetite was frequently on the run. TW and other female teachers can vouch.

Lest we forget.....

SSgt Ray Rangel - USAF
      SrA Elizabeth Loncki - USAF
      PFC Adam Harris - USA
      MSgt Eden Pearl - USMC
    • Foresight wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

You mean antibodies and that skinny Megyn Kelly chick? :D
      skinny?

this ain't skinny.

[IMG:http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h361/nighttimer/Megyn_Kelly_Pl20_zpsaff18099.jpg]

this is skinny.

[IMG:https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/34/de/32/34de3270c6d495800dd3f12bc2d4f6fd.jpg]
      2,000 miler
    • Foresight wrote:

I took my dad (82) earlier today for a colonoscopy (all was well, he's incredibly healthy). I get there to find out that I'm not allowed to leave the waiting area in case they need me for anything. Well, let me tell you......At 50 I was by far the youngest person there and I learned a lot:
      I, unfortunately had to have a colonoscopy earlier this year (nothing wrong with me after all) but this made me laugh because I never thought to ask my husband (who is 33) if he was surrounded by much older people or anyone at all. I don't really remember the other patients who were waiting with me. I do remember that after it was all over I woke up to my medical husband reading through my chart and I told him to put it down. I didn't even get to read through my own chart/folder.
      “Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T. S. Eliot
    • TrafficJam wrote:

CoachLou wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

CoachLou wrote:

milkman wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

Funny :D . All the ladies in the cafe are cool! I just wish there were more of them.
      Which causes me to ask....what happened to Train Wreck? I really like her, great sense of humor.....the sharpest knife in the Cafe kitchen.
      I may grow old but I'll never grow up.
    • Drybones wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

CoachLou wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

CoachLou wrote:

milkman wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

Which causes me to ask....what happened to Train Wreck? I really like her, great sense of humor.....the sharpest knife in the Cafe kitchen.
      She posted on Oz's wall, hopefully that's a good sign that we'll be seeing more of her.
    • Speaking of women, especially strong women which I have a huge affinity for; as I walking out the door tonight to come to work my wife stops me to tell me that Miss SC (Daja Dial....Beautiful) was in the final 12 of the Miss America pageant. I stop to catch a second of it and they are in the question phase....

Miss Colorado gets asked which woman should have her face on our currency......"Ellen Degeneres" :D :D

The beautiful Miss SC gets asked if she supports a ban on Military style assault weapons....."No Sir, I do not". Bam! You just lost sweetheart, but I think I love you even more now :thumbsup:
      If your Doctor is a tree, you're on acid.