Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

What The Frack Is Going On?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What The Frack Is Going On?

Doing some reading and research to help a buddy look around for a new piece of property. He wants to sell his current place and move the family to a better location. While looking at hazard potentials and other geo issues in one area, I came across an interesting video.

I knew some bad things about gas and oil drilling in Ohio (such as your land can actually be taken from you by eminent domain if you refuse to lease it to one of the companies chartered with the state) but I had no idea how much of the state that these companies had actually spread out across. After some further reading, it is truly nuts what they've gotten away with and some of the hazards (or worse) that they've already created.

It's times like this that I wish Scott Jurek would come dig a gas well in Ohio. :huh:

Spoiler Alert: Video is 18 informative minutes that may leave you a bit depressed.

For once I'd just like to hear myself say, "Great job, self! Why don't you just take the day off."