Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

I Just Got Bit By An Alligator - Can I Come In ?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• LIhikers wrote:

SarcasmTheElf wrote:

I'm gonna try and convince my friends to finally thru hike the JMT with me tomorrow afternoon. :D

You're gonna hike the JMT in an afternoon? 8o Good luck with that!
      That's what I meant

It's really quite easy, just as long as you stay away from California.
      Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.
    • CoachLou wrote:

SarcasmTheElf wrote:

I'm gonna try and convince my friends to finally thru hike the JMT with me tomorrow afternoon. :D

I wish!!! Mackenzie bought her first car. 1998 Neon 8| ....750 bucks. it runs well, interior is real clean, new battery. I made a Toyota converter pipe fit a Neon, today. Tomorrow, the brake lines will changed. KillMe
      I think I'll take a different approach the next time I work on a vehicle...lay my hand on a table and whack it hard as I can with a Cresent wrench and get it over with...tools and blood go together for me...always.
      I may grow old but I'll never grow up.
    • Drybones wrote:

CoachLou wrote:

SarcasmTheElf wrote:

I wish!!! Mackenzie bought her first car. 1998 Neon 8| ....750 bucks. it runs well, interior is real clean, new battery. I made a Toyota converter pipe fit a Neon, today. Tomorrow, the brake lines will changed. KillMe
      I think I'll take a different approach the next time I work on a vehicle...lay my hand on a table and whack it hard as I can with a Cresent wrench and get it over with...tools and blood go together for me...always.
      Please, I have been in the office now for 12 years. Our first aid kit is well stocked.............for me. My hands are shredded, I am always cutting myself. The worst part about auto repair cuts is infection. Remember those cars are outside rolling over EVERYTHING in the road.

Big joke in the shop when I am out there for some reason.............hurting myself :D
      Cheesecake> Ramen :thumbsup:
    • CoachLou wrote:

Drybones wrote:

CoachLou wrote:

SarcasmTheElf wrote:

Please, I have been in the office now for 12 years. Our first aid kit is well stocked.............for me. My hands are shredded, I am always cutting myself. The worst part about auto repair cuts is infection. Remember those cars are outside rolling over EVERYTHING in the road.
      Big joke in the shop when I am out there for some reason.............hurting myself :D
      Workin' man's hands, a point of pride. :thumbsup: and some story's to go with.
    • socks wrote:

CoachLou wrote:

Drybones wrote:

CoachLou wrote:

SarcasmTheElf wrote:

Please, I have been in the office now for 12 years. Our first aid kit is well stocked.............for me. My hands are shredded, I am always cutting myself. The worst part about auto repair cuts is infection. Remember those cars are outside rolling over EVERYTHING in the road.Big joke in the shop when I am out there for some reason.............hurting myself :D
      Workin' man's hands, a point of pain. :thumbsup: and some story's to go with.
      Hey 'Socks.....I fixed it for you..............and me, and LI hkrs!
      Cheesecake> Ramen :thumbsup:
    • grayblazer wrote:

I think Wolf actually helps hikers and has useful info especially on the geography of the trail. Plus he's an institution all by himself. Kicking him off would be like impeaching Barama. It just won't happen.
      never say never. if warren doyle can be banned anyone can. remember, he was banned from this site for a good while until the governor called the warden at 11:55 pm with a stay of execution.
      2,000 miler
    • I thought I'd hurt myself pretty bad last time but it turned out not to be much, was using a 3' piece of 1" box tubing as a pry bar installing a lift kit...typical me, using back instead of brain...bar came loose and hit me in the eyebrow, every time my heart beat blood squirted 2' like a water gun, I applied pressure to it using the oil/dirt/sweat/? covered leather glove I had on and left a blood trail through the house to the bathroom, the wife cleaned it up and bandaged, no stitches needed...by the grace of God I still have two eyes...whenever I believe I have done the dumbest thing that can be done I surprise myself and raise the bar.
      I may grow old but I'll never grow up.
    • CoachLou wrote:

socks wrote:

CoachLou wrote:

Drybones wrote:

CoachLou wrote:

SarcasmTheElf wrote:

Please, I have been in the office now for 12 years. Our first aid kit is well stocked.............for me. My hands are shredded, I am always cutting myself. The worst part about auto repair cuts is infection. Remember those cars are outside rolling over EVERYTHING in the road.Big joke in the shop when I am out there for some reason.............hurting myself :D
      that's true. Never try to fix a hang nail with a grinder, there are better ways.
    • CoachLou wrote:

socks wrote:

CoachLou wrote:

Drybones wrote:

CoachLou wrote:

SarcasmTheElf wrote:

I could tell you a story about a guy I used to work with who, without thinking, reached into the front of a small, running jet engine. The compressor blades sliced off the end of one finger and then spit it back out. It was a very clean cut and a remarkably small amount of bleeding. He decided not to have the finger sewn back on.
    • LIhikers wrote:

CoachLou wrote:

socks wrote:

CoachLou wrote:

Drybones wrote:

CoachLou wrote:

SarcasmTheElf wrote:

I could tell you a story about a guy I used to work with who, without thinking, reached into the front of a small, running jet engine. The compressor blades sliced off the end of one finger and then spit it back out. It was a very clean cut and a remarkably small amount of bleeding. He decided not to have the finger sewn back on.
      Yikes!