Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Country

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• IMScotty wrote:

For Roy.... R.I.P
      I always liked Roy Clark. Interesting that this video's cover image is a photo of Japanese Album cover. I don't read, write, or speak Japanese, but I can recognize it, having lived in Japan from July 1971 to February 1972 (...when I was young). American music was very popular in Japan back then (which is when Roy would have been active). We did buy many American albums packaged for distribution in Japan (don't recall buying Roy Clark). I don't know if maybe my parents still have some of them. Probably not. One thing I remember is that when records were sold in Japan it was expected that the lyrics to all the songs be printed inside the album cover. Since most US recordings don't include lyrics, they were often added to the Japanese versions as an printed insert. However it was obvious the Japanese didn't bother to get the official lyrics from the artists but rather would just listen to the album and transcribe them. It was also obvious they didn't bother to hire Americans to help them as the transcriptions were often bad to point of being funny. The more US-oriented jargon and slang there were in the lyrics, the more they just made stuff up.