Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

What Are You Reading?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I just finished Scott Jurek's book about doing the FKT on the AT. It is quite good! I was also happy with Jennifer Pharr-Davis's book about FKT's on the AT.

I started reading Doctor Beck Weathers "Left for Dead", his book about the 1996 Everest climb. I'm only 20 percent done, but it is also a good read. But also a hard read, knowing of the fatalities.
      Pirating – Corporate Takeover without the paperwork
    • New

jimmyjam wrote:

I'm continuing onward with my Western mysteries. I've had to go to the other library in town because I've pretty much exhausted the supply at the first one. Yeah it's a small town and I'm glad it is.
      If they run out too, try interlibrary loan (often $1 a book).
      And if you use a Kindle you can join libraries all around the country.
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General
    • New

I just finished Doctor Beck Weather's book "Left For Dead". That and "Into Thin Air" (and a few other books) are about the disaster on Everest in 1996. And also the movie "Everest". His book was pretty good! The first 20 percent is about the events. It is told by him, his wife and a few others. But then the rest of the book is about what led him to climb, his depression, other family issues. It read pretty fast and holds interest. It is NOT a "Climbing" book.
      Pirating – Corporate Takeover without the paperwork
    • New

max.patch wrote:

i just bought a paperback of short stories at costco written by tom hanks. impulse purchase; had no idea he was an author. if he writes just half as good as he acts then this should be $10 well spent.
      You know Tom Hanks and Meryl Streep can really act. Otherwise people would not have paid them all those millions and millions just to look at them. :D
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General
    • New

Moving on from zombies to medieval time travel. ^^

It’s actually pretty good. If you like history, philosophy, and religion mixed with a little sci-fi (paranormal?), you will like it.

The Outcasts of Time by Ian Mortimer.
      In life there are no limitations. Except stupidity. If you're stupid, you're screwed.

Stephan Pastis