Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Swimming

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Clothing she wishes to launder.

No kidding!

When a lady friend bicycled across America a while back, she took three changes of clothing...two of which were cycling outfits. She quickly found rinising an outfit wouldn't kill the odor. Therefore whenever she encountered a swimming pool, she'd shower wearing an outfit and then swim a few laps. Repeat the process with the 2nd outfit and drape the first over a chair in the sun allowing it to dry sufficiently to wear for departure.

The chlorinated water killed odor-causing bacteria but did fade the colours a bit.

Lest we forget.....

SSgt Ray Rangel - USAF
      SrA Elizabeth Loncki - USAF
      PFC Adam Harris - USA
      MSgt Eden Pearl - USMC
    • Dan76 wrote:

Clothing she wishes to launder.

No kidding!

When a lady friend bicycled across America a while back, she took three changes of clothing...two of which were cycling outfits. She quickly found rinising an outfit wouldn't kill the odor. Therefore whenever she encountered a swimming pool, she'd shower wearing an outfit and then swim a few laps. Repeat the process with the 2nd outfit and drape the first over a chair in the sun allowing it to dry sufficiently to wear for departure.

The chlorinated water killed odor-causing bacteria but did fade the colours a bit.
      That is clever.

On my last hike, I didn't want to swim in my hiking clothes and then have to sleep in wet clothes. Yet, I wasn't comfortable with swimming in my underwear and possibly getting caught. So I didn't swim at all and now wish I had.
      Lost in the right direction.
    • TrafficJam wrote:

Dan76 wrote:

No kidding!

That is clever.
      On my last hike, I didn't want to swim in my hiking clothes and then have to sleep in wet clothes. Yet, I wasn't comfortable with swimming in my underwear and possibly getting caught. So I didn't swim at all and now wish I had.
      Getting caught is half the fun! :)
      RIAP
    • A.T.Lt wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

Dan76 wrote:

No kidding!

That is clever.On my last hike, I didn't want to swim in my hiking clothes and then have to sleep in wet clothes. Yet, I wasn't comfortable with swimming in my underwear and possibly getting caught. So I didn't swim at all and now wish I had.
      Getting caught is half the fun! :)
      I'm not overly modest but knowing my luck, I would get caught by some Boy Scouts and scar those poor boys for life. :D
    • TrafficJam wrote:

Dan76 wrote:

No kidding!

That is clever.
      I see two options, swim naked or sleep naked. I feel for the ladies, a lot of limitations on what is sensible for them to do, nice to be a guy and just strip off and take a swim and if someone sees you and goes blind so be it.
      I may grow old but I'll never grow up.
    • SandyofPA wrote:

I use a black sportbra and shorts for a swimsuit. These same items with a 2.3 oz. cotton shirt are also my town clothes. I do not get them wet until after my hiking clothes are dry(clean or not). Loved the lazy river at Fontana Dam!
      That is smart.

I need to rethink my clothes, I take as little as possible. Maybe I should always pack a pair of shorts in the summer.