Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Health

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Drybones wrote:

JimBlue wrote:

I've ridden horses, years ago, but not packed into an area with them. Mostly 4th of July parade.
      They do it a lot out west...a lot of horse turds to step over on the trail, but the humidity is low and they dry fast.

Drybones wrote:

JimBlue wrote:

I've ridden horses, years ago, but not packed into an area with them. Mostly 4th of July parade.
      They do it a lot out west...a lot of horse turds to step over on the trail, but the humidity is low and they dry fast.
      can't polish a horse turd.....
      bacon can solve most any problem.
    • sheepdog wrote:

Drybones wrote:

JimBlue wrote:

Drybones wrote:

JimBlue wrote:

You could....but I doubt it'd shine.
      I may grow old but I'll never grow up.
    • Drybones wrote:

JimBlue wrote:

Yeah... thats why the Sheriff's Posses for parades go last. So the people walking don't have to step around, over, etc. the horse poo.

Hehe... oh, well, may as well tell this one. One year they had a float behind the sheriffs' posses of horse groups. One of the last horses must have some indigestion... gasious output throughout the entire parade. Downtown took a while to recover to. Urf.
      --
      "What do you mean its sunrise already ?!", me.
    • Went to Silver Lake Sand Dunes today. Did all the tourist stuff....Dune rides, climbed dunes, climbed to the top of Pt AuSable light house. Saw giant rolling waves come off Lake Michigan. Ate ice cream and got sand in my shoes... Me an the redhead and a couple close friends....what a day.
      bacon can solve most any problem.
    • I can't wait to see Bear eat a turd. You know off camera there was plenty of food and water. What a moron. I tried to watch his show a couple of times just for the scenery but I couldn't do it. Maybe if I muted it, maybe. Nah
      "Dazed and Confused"
      Recycle, re-use, re-purpose
      Plant a tree
      Take a kid hiking
      Make a difference
    • socks wrote:

These little beauties showed up on their own this year in our flower bed...this is good for your health, and your soul, let it grow.

we think some foraging squirrels must have buried some seeds last Halloween.
      I had a pear tree loaded with pears, limbs hanging down to the ground they had so many pears, those little bastards got every one of them while we had the dogs boarded and we were away for a few days, didn't have a lot of apples but they got what I did have, figs too, bad thing is what they don't eat they cut off...I have plans for them when squirrel season opens, even if I do live in town.
    • Drybones wrote:

socks wrote:

These little beauties showed up on their own this year in our flower bed...this is good for your health, and your soul, let it grow.

we think some foraging squirrels must have buried some seeds last Halloween.
      I had a pear tree loaded with pears, limbs hanging down to the ground they had so many pears, those little bastards got every one of them while we had the dogs boarded and we were away for a few days, didn't have a lot of apples but they got what I did have, figs too, bad thing is what they don't eat they cut off...I have plans for them when squirrel season opens, even if I do live in town.
      25 whole squirrels
      1 cup celery
      1/2 cup carrots
      3 Quartz squirrel broth
      1 pissed off home owner
      Bring all together in a boil and see who wins!

Garnish with Pears in squirrels mouth :D
    • max.patch wrote:

i'm proud to say that i have never watched an episode of this show. as a matter of fact, this is probably the first clip of it i've ever seen. i hope its the last. kinda fits in with TJ's post about eating natural.

Watch Michelle Rodriguez Eat A Mouse Boiled In Her Own Urine By Bear Grylls.

I turned on the weather channel the other day and Fat Guys In The Woods was on. They couldn't find food and just happened to find a fresh dear carcass with an arrow sticking in it.
      Lost in the right direction.
    • TrafficJam wrote:

max.patch wrote:

i'm proud to say that i have never watched an episode of this show. as a matter of fact, this is probably the first clip of it i've ever seen. i hope its the last. kinda fits in with TJ's post about eating natural.

Watch Michelle Rodriguez Eat A Mouse Boiled In Her Own Urine By Bear Grylls.

I turned on the weather channel the other day and Fat Guys In The Woods was on. They couldn't find food and just happened to find a fresh dear carcass with an arrow sticking in it.
      Which is why I watch Weather Nation, none of the non-weather nonsense. Don't think cable tv carries it though.
      --
    • I'm gonna do a little bragging.
      Since my recent check up by the doctor I've dropped exactly 20 pounds, as of this morning :thumbsup:
      The doc insisted I loose weight and my wife Kathy is playing the part of the enforcer.
      Every morning I have to weigh in and the reading gets recorded on the calendar we keep in the kitchen.
      That way if I'm tempted to snack I see the progress I've made. That motivates me not to eat extra.
    • LIhikers wrote:

I'm gonna do a little bragging.
      Since my recent check up by the doctor I've dropped exactly 20 pounds, as of this morning :thumbsup:
      The doc insisted I loose weight and my wife Kathy is playing the part of the enforcer.
      Every morning I have to weigh in and the reading gets recorded on the calendar we keep in the kitchen.
      That way if I'm tempted to snack I see the progress I've made. That motivates me not to eat extra.
      Good for you. Seeing progress is the biggest motivator.
      Lost in the right direction.
    • JimBlue wrote:

Drybones wrote:

JimBlue wrote:

Yeah... thats why the Sheriff's Posses for parades go last. So the people walking don't have to step around, over, etc. the horse poo.
      Hehe... oh, well, may as well tell this one. One year they had a float behind the sheriffs' posses of horse groups. One of the last horses must have some indigestion... gasious output throughout the entire parade. Downtown took a while to recover to. Urf.
      are you sure it was a horse with the stomach upset issue?

Lest we forget.....

SSgt Ray Rangel - USAF
      SrA Elizabeth Loncki - USAF
      PFC Adam Harris - USA
      MSgt Eden Pearl - USMC
    • Mountain-Mike wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

My New Years' goal was to do 10 real sit ups by the end of the year. I'm up to 15, then 5 more after I rest, and another 25 with my feet under something. :thumbsup:

So I changed my goal to 40.
      That's 45 already. I think you need to reset your goals! :thumbup: :whistling: gif.013.gif gif.014.gif finger.gif
      One of my cub scouts did 135 sit-ups for the physical fitness belt badge. I had him stop at 135 as he needs to show improvement at the 30 day retest. I didn't think he could show much improvement.

Lest we forget.....

SSgt Ray Rangel - USAF
      PFC Adam Harris - USA
      MSgt Eden Pearl - USMC
    • TrafficJam wrote:

LIhikers wrote:

A while back I had a roommate whom decided to lose a few pounds. As we shared cooking duties, I adhered to her requests to cook more healthy entrees. During the 30 days her resolve lasted, she lost 3lbs and I lost 7.
      I attributed my loss to the fact I stopped consuming ice cream for the month.

Lest we forget.....

SSgt Ray Rangel - USAF
      PFC Adam Harris - USA
      MSgt Eden Pearl - USMC
    • Dan76 wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

LIhikers wrote:

A while back I had a roommate whom decided to lose a few pounds. As we shared cooking duties, I adhered to her requests to cook more healthy entrees. During the 30 days her resolve lasted, she lost 3lbs and I lost 7.I attributed my loss to the fact I stopped consuming ice cream for the month.
      Me wife has me eatin' italian ices, there only about 90 cal...pretty tasty too.
    • socks wrote:

Dan76 wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

LIhikers wrote:

A while back I had a roommate whom decided to lose a few pounds. As we shared cooking duties, I adhered to her requests to cook more healthy entrees. During the 30 days her resolve lasted, she lost 3lbs and I lost 7.I attributed my loss to the fact I stopped consuming ice cream for the month.
      I should have specified I was consuming gelato...the authentic Italian variety.

Lest we forget.....

SSgt Ray Rangel - USAF
      PFC Adam Harris - USA
      MSgt Eden Pearl - USMC
    • Dan76 wrote:

Mountain-Mike wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

My New Years' goal was to do 10 real sit ups by the end of the year. I'm up to 15, then 5 more after I rest, and another 25 with my feet under something. :thumbsup:

So I changed my goal to 40.
      That's 45 already. I think you need to reset your goals! :thumbup: :whistling: gif.013.gif gif.014.gif finger.gif
      One of my cub scouts did 135 sit-ups for the physical fitness belt badge. I had him stop at 135 as he needs to show improvement at the 30 day retest. I didn't think he could show much improvement.
      When my daughter was about 12 I had her see how many sit ups she could do....when she got to 300 I had her stop because I was bored with counting.
    • socks wrote:

Dan76 wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

LIhikers wrote:

I never heard of Italian Ices until I stopped at the Deli on the AT just before Greymor in NY.
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General
    • Drybones wrote:

sheepdog wrote:

Drybones wrote:

JimBlue wrote:

Drybones wrote:

JimBlue wrote:

You could....but I doubt it'd shine.
      You need to watch more MythBusters as they did shine some poo.
      --