Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

My neighbor....

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• jimmyjam wrote:

I love dirt track racing. They have a track about 40 miles from where I live and they let you bring in coolers of beer. A good redneck time for sure!
      Here's our little racetrack. Another fun redneck Saturday night coolers and all. Got a 16yo kid that's hard to beat and an 8yo that ain't too bad either. Nothing like the scale from above but still a really good time. Me and a friend of mine were looking at a Pony car a couple of weeks ago. Ready to go for $900 bucks. We're thinking about it.

Changes Daily→ ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫ ♪♫♪♫♪♫ ← Don't blame me. It's That Lonesome Guitar.
    • I see Dallas, GA on one of the advertisements above, Jonathan is originally from Blairsville.

That's Fort Payne Speedway, correct? A friend from the Navy was from Ft. Payne. Sid Forsythe, his dad had several chicken houses. Poor boy wouldn't eat chicken to save his life after growing up doing that, lol.
      If your Doctor is a tree, you're on acid.
    • Foresight wrote:

I see Dallas, GA on one of the advertisements above, Jonathan is originally from Blairsville.

That's Fort Payne Speedway, correct? A friend from the Navy was from Ft. Payne. Sid Forsythe, his dad had several chicken houses. Poor boy wouldn't eat chicken to save his life after growing up doing that, lol.
      Yep. That's Ft. Payne Speedway. That's it's new name. I don't care for chicken either. Used to pick up the dead ones for $10 an hour part time after work from my regular job at the sock mill.
    • We used to fight roosters back in the 70's down in FL. That was a lot of fun. We used to fight them with gloves on, with natural spurs and with metal spurs. Learned a lot of neat tricks from the Mexicans on how to keep them alive during a fight. They did not believe in calling a fight till the chicken was dead. They didn't care if you called a fight but they sure weren't gonna. One of their favorite tricks was to blow air up the chickens ass. Never could bring ourselves to do that. There's just something about puttin' your mouth to a chickens ass. (LOL) At one time we were the biggest in PB County. We had more chickens (fighting roosters) than anybody. Some real pretty birds. Some mean bastards too.
    • I had an uncle that was a big time chicken fighter. He got a sister to my Irish Setter. One day he calls and lets me know that if I ever want to see her alive again that I had best come get her. She had chewed all the wiring out of his boat. When I got she discovered my neighbor's chickens.....

I watched her one day running down the hill through the woods from the neighbors with a chicken in mouth. The chicken was alive and raising hell and she dove off into the creek, stuck her whole head under the water, put both front paws on the chicken and drowned that damn thing. She took her feet off of it and it floated up. She just sniffed, verified it was dead and walked off, lol.

I finally gave her to some relatives of another neighbor. They lived on 200+ acres near Erwin, TN. I warned them about her hatred of chickens. A couple years later I found out she'd been shot by a guy with chicken houses.....crazy ass had gotten in one and killed hundreds of chickens in one night, lol. Only thing I can figure is she must have gotten an ass whoopin' or two from some of his roosters.....
      If your Doctor is a tree, you're on acid.
    • milkman wrote:

We used to fight roosters back in the 70's down in FL. That was a lot of fun. We used to fight them with gloves on, with natural spurs and with metal spurs. Learned a lot of neat tricks from the Mexicans on how to keep them alive during a fight. They did not believe in calling a fight till the chicken was dead. They didn't care if you called a fight but they sure weren't gonna. One of their favorite tricks was to blow air up the chickens ass. Never could bring ourselves to do that. There's just something about puttin' your mouth to a chickens ass. (LOL) At one time we were the biggest in PB County. We had more chickens (fighting roosters) than anybody. Some real pretty birds. Some mean bastards too.
      we'd have to change milkman to something else for sure if you did. ... Now to figure out some of your old friends and ask them if you ever did