Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Pitching a Tarp Tent Notch

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Pitching a Tarp Tent Notch

Trying out my new TT Notch in the back yard tonight. Any tips on getting the ridge line taught? It seems to droop a bit. I fiddled with the lines, but tightening the side tie outs seems to put more downward pressure on the poles rather than pull outward. I could put lines to the peak that tie out further from the tent, but I was under the impressing that most people to not pitch that way. I am using tent poles rather than trekking poles, although I could switch to trekking poles if it would help to have height adjustment which I don't have with the fixed length poles.
    • Takes a few times to see how to get it tight...get it tight in the long direction first, get the line evenly distributed on the carbon fiber ends (if that makes sense), then tighten the sides. It tightens up real nice when you have the knack of it. I love this tent so much, breaks my heart that I must switch to a hammock to satisfy the back and get sleep...you'll like it. Watch the TT video if you have not already.
      I may grow old but I'll never grow up.