Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Podcasts....

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I have really enjoyed Deep Cover: The Drug Wars from Pushkin Industries (Malcolm Gladwell's company). 8 of the 9 part series will drop tomorrow. Resisted posting earlier so you would not be stuck waiting for the new one to drop each week (like I have been the past five weeks), and can binge listen if you want.

About under cover FBI agent Ned Timmons in Detroit that starts with biker gangs, go through various parts of the US, and then works it way up to world leaders.

I have found it be really good if you like things like that. :thumbup:
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General
    • Astro wrote:

I have really enjoyed Deep Cover: The Drug Wars from Pushkin Industries (Malcolm Gladwell's company). 8 of the 9 part series will drop tomorrow. Resisted posting earlier so you would not be stuck waiting for the new one to drop each week (like I have been the past five weeks), and can binge listen if you want.

About under cover FBI agent Ned Timmons in Detroit that starts with biker gangs, go through various parts of the US, and then works it way up to world leaders.

I have found it be really good if you like things like that. :thumbup:
      Oh, I left out the rock stars and movie stars.
    • New

Astro wrote:

Mike Rowe this year has added an extended discussion after the How I Heard podcast. The actual story is still around 5-8 minutes, but then he goes on an extra 10 minutes or so about how he came up with or decided to do it. I like it, but if you don't you can just listen to the story and skip it. :)
      Now in support of the chapters his new book Mike Rowe is doing ~40 minute podcast which include discussion with his childhood friend who produces the podcast.
    • New

Astro wrote:

Started listening to Trail Tales. Don't care much for the host, but the guests are really interesting. Currently 77, they run around an hour, and he drops one nearly every week, so it will keep me going for a while.
      Since I caught up with Trail Tales I have also started listening to Hiking Thru where I am about 7 months in (to June 2019). Very interesting contrast with Trail Tales where it is more like a Frat boy atmosphere, while Hiking Thru host is more laid back like a west coast coffee shop.

Trail Tales host though is much more knowledgeable having done the AT, LT, NLPT, Foothills and hiked all over the Whites and Adirondacks.The Hiking Thru host is not near as knowledgeable about hiking, and especially the east coast, but is much more mature and a better host. She has lived her entire life it appears on the West Coast and I believe her purpose of starting the podcast was to prepare for a PCT hike while turning 50 in 2020.I assume Covid wrecked that, but I have not gotten to 2020 yet (but it appears she is still dropping weekly episodes).