Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

please help us out

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• please help us out

I'd like to appeal to the membership here to help us build a great source for hikers by posting your own gear reviews. what i'm looking to create is a site where people can come for specific information on specific topics. instead of telling me about your tent in the flycreek thread, post a new review of your own.each thread should be specific to the product reviewed. thread drift is definiitely okay, but lets build a better source than the other guy.
    thanks and merry christmas!!
    its all good
  • please help us out

hikerboy wrote:

I'd like to appeal to the membership here to help us build a great source for hikers by posting your own gear reviews. what i'm looking to create is a site where people can come for specific information on specific topics. instead of telling me about your tent in the flycreek thread, post a new review of your own.each thread should be specific to the product reviewed. thread drift is definiitely okay, but lets build a better source than the other guy.
    thanks and merry christmas!!

I agree. The site has had a few growing pains. The Café is a hilarious thing. But this site needs to appeal to many interests. I believe we all hope for the same thing. I will be doing a couple reviews after I finish my SoBo report. TW requested I do that first. I do not have a ton of things I can speak about with any authority, but am willing to help. I am one of those people that will benefit form the thing you are trying to build.
    Non hikers are about a psi shy of a legal ball.
  • please help us out

Rasty wrote:

Someone help me out. What would the best way be to get the word out about the site?

What about getting the Cottage folks you provide links to, to link us on their sites... Bloggers too, Chad(Sticks blog) John Abela(hikelighter) Brian Greene, ect... Just a thought gif.010 ... I'll shoot Chad a PM...
    1 Fish, 2 Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish...