Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

kirkland (costco) merino wool hiking socks

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• kirkland (costco) merino wool hiking socks

anyone ever use these? 70% merino wool, 4 pairs for $12. my calculator says that works out to $3 a pair.

i currently use wright or rrs coolmax running socks, was going to pick up some darn toughs but at $20 a pair....
      2,000 miler

max.patch wrote:

anyone ever use these? 70% merino wool, 4 pairs for $12. my calculator says that works out to $3 a pair.

i currently use wright or rrs coolmax running socks, was going to pick up some darn toughs but at $20 a pair....

darn toughs come with a lifetime warranty.and definitely the best socks ive hiked in.
      its all good

max.patch wrote:

Feet are the wrong place to have money be deciding factor. I know that is not your question. I know nothing of the socks you ask about. I do know I would pay $40 a pair for my Darn Toughs if that was as cheap as I could get them for.
      Non hikers are about a psi shy of a legal ball.

max.patch wrote:

Somebody mentioned these socks before, I don't know who it was. I have no experience with them but 70% is a good percentage of wool. More than a lot of major brands.
      Changes Daily→ ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫ ♪♫♪♫♪♫ ← Don't blame me. It's That Lonesome Guitar.